Monday, July 09, 2018

Monday Morning!

Good Morning friends. How was the holiday for you? It was a nice time here.  Bret took a few days off here and there and the week passed quickly.  I have spent some time filling up all the empty pots in my back yard with flowers.  With the drought  we let our back lawn go, so my patio is where I indulge myself with pots of perennials and annuals.  With my big patio umbrellas for shade  it's my happy coffee place.

coffee

If you're following along on Instagram you know I made the trip to Utah again to see Nanette and her family.    We spent the time sewing and hanging out with some quilt shop shopping, lunching, tv watching thrown in.  It's always a good time there and I'm sad to leave. 

pumpernicklevalley

Nanette worked on baskets, you can see them here and here.  I made a pot, we used the freezer paper template method.  Old skool style.   I worked on my butterflies.  Since then I did sit down and sew them into rows but that's as far as I got.

butterflies

I made two more Moda Blockheads2 blocks. 
 
blockhead


blockhead4
 
I'm behind though.  I had to stop everything to prepare for new air conditioning here.  We're currently without a/c,  believe me the complaint level has reached has reached defcon 4 around here.  Luckily we have 2 portable a/c units from Millers Air Conditioning and Heating who will be replacing our system at the end of the month.  That's what's keeping me going on these hot days.   I'm not even going to complain that access to the crawl space and attic area are in my sewing room which means a bunch of stuff needs to be moved out of there.  (that's  a lie.. I am going to complain but it will be half hearted at best.  I LOVE AIRCONDITIONING.)

libertypillow
 
I had good intentions of getting  a little project completed to share with you for the 4th of July, but I just didn't get it done.  This will eventually turn into a pillow, but sewing isn't that fun in the heat so it's on hold for now. 

I hope you're doing well!  xop

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

We moved last year and have air conditioning for the first time ever. I can't really express how much I am enjoying that feature. The house we lived in for 44 years was huge and the downstairs usually stayed tolerable. But the sewing room was upstairs. To hot to sew in the summer.
As far as I am concerned you get to complain about the weather.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older