Saturday, September 21, 2019

Long time no see..

Hi there! How are you?  Things are perking along here. I haven't done much sewing this summer, but looking forward to some fall sewing.  I've received some e-books from Martingale and I'm anxious to start telling you about them, so many lovely books are now available or coming soon.  Their gorgeous photography coupled with some wonderful projects has me feeling like I can't wait to get back to sewing again.  I've also been invited to sew along with Fat Quarter Shop's Classic and Vintage series coming next month. You know that series is a favorite of mine.  This time we're using tools that are either new to me.. the Square on Square 8" Trim tool, or an old friend, Half Square Triangle Paper, and Fat Quarter Shop generously sent them to me. Because I'm feeling fall I ordered some pretty Harper's Garden Ivory Roses and coordinating Bella Solids in Peach Blossom to make my block.

FQS quilt along

I'll let you know how that Trim Tool works out.  It's not a ruler, but I can't help but want to call it one. I love how Creative Grids tools come with instructions that I can store away with the tool  to help remind me how to use it. 
 
You might remember I posted on Instagram about my daisy quilt. Its an Accuquilt free pattern. I love it's bold green lattice and white and yellow daisies.  Accuquilt gave me the exact solids they used and I ordered them, but somehow I just thought they were too... something.  So as much as I loved that quilt I decided to dig out some PKM and make it. 

Accuquilt

I don't love it. I don't hate it, don't get me wrong, but it's not the bold statement the original is and I should have known that.  What did I love about it? BOLD STATEMENT.  What did I not use? BOLD FABRIC. I did learn a lesson though.. you can't make new things with new ideas and the same old ingredients. I'll try not to make that mistake again.

Alden Lane
 
It's still hot here but there is  a feeling of fall in the air.  Alden Lane's Quilting in the Garden show is this upcoming weekend. I somehow always manage to be out of town for the show, but I look forward to seeing lots of pictures online. 

Quitling in the Garden
 
This is a quilt by Alex Anderson that's hanging in the gift shop. It's a free pattern here on her website.
Alden Lane
 
Looking forward to a week away in a few days.  I'm cutting up some fabric so I can sew it back together when I get there.  You know, the usual.  I hope you are well.  I enjoy seeing so may of you on Instagram, but I think of all you who are not. Blogging friends have made my life richer and even though I don't blog as much I think of you and hope that you're up to something good.  Who would have thought that all those pictures of lunch would have turned into the social media of today.  I saw something the other day that cracked me up and I hope you'll click over and crack up too. I spent a lot of time in Cabot Cove so this was right up my alley.  Maybe yours too!
Take care friends. xop

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the quilt is very beautiful.

3:41 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Pam your quilt is sew pretty. Love how you used your own fabric. Your greens are the bomb.
Love and Hugs.
donna

5:45 AM  
Blogger Couponforless said...

Visit BLINQ and get coupons, offers & promos. Shop now!
https://couponforless.com/store/blinq.com

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older