Sunday, September 11, 2016



Seriously though  I AM.  I totally underestimated how bad my old iron had gotten, not that hot, definitely not very steamy.  Ironing with my new Reliable Velocity iron is  A DREAM. I can't wait for my pal Greg to get his next week so I can see what he thinks.  Holy cow people. My quilt is so flat.  I want to IRON ALL THE THINGS.  Ok, ok, lets not get carried away. Sorry.

anchor quilt
Yesterday I put the borders on this quilt.  I love how it turned out.  I'm debating on centers for a few of the flowers, but I'm in no hurry.  Will I quilt it myself? Probably not, though it's not all that big.  But I know for a fact my attention span isn't what it used to be and I'd  probably be stitching along fine then just be OVER IT and do something stupid. 

anchor quilt
So I won't risk it.  I'll add it to the pile of things to be quilted, which is getting pretty big.  I also might throw more centers on those flowers.. I tried them out when I was first fusing them all down and didn't like them, but maybe some different fabrics will help or some buttons or something. 
Details details.. I used my Sizzix Big shot, with this die, here's the link.  I also used this leaf die, several flower dies and this circle die. Anchor I cut out by hand (like a savage.)
Ok, hope you have a great week! xo


Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love the anchor in the center with the flowers. Beautiful quilt. So glad you love your new iron. It's an important tool while quilting :)!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Nice job! A little detail pizzazz is always worth the time.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I need to get myself that iron. I just started using a Rowenta that I had set aside and it doesn't heat like it should.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Such a gorgeous quilt, I love the anchor! And I want an iron like yours!
Helen xox

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older