Sunday, September 11, 2016

Monday

I'M IN LOVE WITH MY IRON AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOW'S IT!!! 

iron
Seriously though  I AM.  I totally underestimated how bad my old iron had gotten, not that hot, definitely not very steamy.  Ironing with my new Reliable Velocity iron is  A DREAM. I can't wait for my pal Greg to get his next week so I can see what he thinks.  Holy cow people. My quilt is so flat.  I want to IRON ALL THE THINGS.  Ok, ok, lets not get carried away. Sorry.

anchor quilt
Yesterday I put the borders on this quilt.  I love how it turned out.  I'm debating on centers for a few of the flowers, but I'm in no hurry.  Will I quilt it myself? Probably not, though it's not all that big.  But I know for a fact my attention span isn't what it used to be and I'd  probably be stitching along fine then just be OVER IT and do something stupid. 

anchor quilt
So I won't risk it.  I'll add it to the pile of things to be quilted, which is getting pretty big.  I also might throw more centers on those flowers.. I tried them out when I was first fusing them all down and didn't like them, but maybe some different fabrics will help or some buttons or something. 
Details details.. I used my Sizzix Big shot, with this die, here's the link.  I also used this leaf die, several flower dies and this circle die. Anchor I cut out by hand (like a savage.)
Ok, hope you have a great week! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love the anchor in the center with the flowers. Beautiful quilt. So glad you love your new iron. It's an important tool while quilting :)!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Nice job! A little detail pizzazz is always worth the time.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I need to get myself that iron. I just started using a Rowenta that I had set aside and it doesn't heat like it should.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Such a gorgeous quilt, I love the anchor! And I want an iron like yours!
Helen xox

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older