Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday

Friday..where did the time go?  I've just been puttering around the house doing a little of this and that with one exciting trip up to the grocers as the high point.  Exciting times people! 
 
I thought I'd finish out the week telling you about the sweetest thing ever.  I'm sure you all know Jodie, I've followed along with her on her blog forever and have had some crazy laughing good times with her at market.  She's smart and funny and oh so very talented.  You can find her on her blog here, and on instagram here.

Jodie Ric Rack
 
Anyway I knew she was on either the first or second row so I had to rush down to say hi before things got to crazy busy. That's the downside to market, the fleeting time spent with friends.  Thank goodness for the internet. 
 
She surprised me with this sweet P is for Pig and coordinating block ..  I love his little tilted head and articulated arms.  And those ears. Well it's P for Perfect! She also gave me a cute little packet of her line Bunny Trail!  If you haven't seen her wonderful stuffed animals be sure and check out them out here. I am so grateful for her generosity! I can't imagine taking the time to whip out a project as a gift during the quilt market frenzy period!

Jodie Ric Rac
 
 
I finally have a current block to show off for Splendid Sampler day!  This is Simple Surpises by Amy Ellis.  As you know I'm doing all the blocks that seem easy to me, and this pieced block was fast and fun.  So fun I actually made two of them! 
 
Splendid Sampler
 
I have sure enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks over on FAcebook and Instagram!  There are going to be some wonderful quilts when this is over!
 
Ok, we're having an extra long weekend!  Hope you have a safe Memorial Day! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger marilyn said...

That pig is adorable!

5:48 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Well that is the sweetest thing! Doesn't get much better than a pink pig unless it's a sweet kitty! Have a great long weekend. We have a grand doing a sleep over. Last time she did we made a skirt together wonder if she'll want to sew or bake this trip!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Isn't Jodie the best? I can't imagine how she got all her little gifties done AND prepared for market AND worked! I got the cutest little hedgehog. Your little Pig is Adorable!!!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Such a sweet P for Pig!! Yes, Jodie is lovely...and her makes and fabrics are gorgeous. Over the past few days I have been sewing with 1. Pam Kitty Morning fabrics and 2. Jodie's Bunny Trails fabrics.......such stitching inspirations :) Love your new block in those really pretty colours too.
Helen xox

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older