Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Happy Happy

So what did you do with your long weekend? We had a 4 day weekend with Bret home, I love the Fridays he's been taking off, it is nice to have him home more, and I'm glad he's getting a chance to use up some of his vacation so he doesn't lose it.

We never do much of anything in particular.. in fact I can't even remember where we went that we headed out past the fruit stand. I love that 'cocos frios' sign.. it just makes me happy, doesn't cocos frios sound festive? Ok, well that must be just me, I'm not going to lie, Frankie rolls her eyes every time I say it. (which like an anoying child is over and over. and over)

Fruit is just everywhere, right? And good for you too. I know my little pal here loves fruit. I broke her out of jail a couple of times to play with me. She's not all that much of a playful pet but she enjoyed watching some tv with me.



Then later, she glared at me for allowing the dogs to bark. New dog in the neighborhood that barks A LOT. And it's making my dogs nuts. Which neither the rabbit or anyone else here appreciate.


Some days were warm, others pleasantly cool. I actually put on a sweater to read the tale end of my book this morning. Lovely English village cozy.. with some very fun characters. It was a good one.



We topped off the weekend by starting a mini improvement project late in the day. Me and my whims. Well it's something I've wanted to do like forever, and now it's almost done. Finally that big ugly builder's mirror is gone and almost in it's place is a framed mirror. Of course nothing is ever quite that easy, so really in it's place is a big spot that needs painting. And repairing. But that's another weekend right?


What did you do?

8 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

I love weekends that are unplanned! We babysat Saturday and I had planned on 2 dys of sewing but our college age granddaughter called and wanted to spend the rest of the weekend with us, not feeling well and its hard to sleep in a room of 4! So off we went and then that meant cooking and target shopping (never to ill to skip Target) but its always lovely to have her, even at 20 she loves to do a sleepover at Nana and Poppy's! Now if she'll just go to the health center today!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

I agree--cocos frios sounds festive. Precisely the kind of thing you would hear out of a parrot advertising Coco Lopez.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Kristyne said...

I made lunch bags! And enjoyed (almost) every stitch ... could have done without the ones I had to undo. But they seem unavoidable these days. ;)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

I piddled away 3 days (as usual) procrastinating while doing yet another stack of paperwork due by this morning for work. I can find more ways to waste time when faced with another stack of mind numbing paperwork .... at least the laundry got done and the bathroom got cleaned and the droopy hydrangeas got pruned and I got some more blocks for Evan's I.O.U. graduation quilt cut out .... and yes, the #@%$&* paperwork did finally get done by 2:30 in the morning (yawn) - it's like my college days - by 11pm the night before a term paper was due, I'd finally be able to focus and get my a$$ in gear - apparantly I work best under pressure .... and I'm my own worst enemy ! :) Happy Monday - no, wait, ... it's Tuesday right?

8:22 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

That's so funny, I want to say cocos frios over and over too. You know what thinking? I bet you're thinking the same thing… we need to do an animation for Frankie so she can watch and listen to it every day!

I super sized the pic, and funny… did not see one cherry or one coconut! And I swear the cherry stands up here use that exact same signage. #cherrymafia

11:24 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

… what I was thinking….

Blech, wish I could edit blog comments like you can flicker comments.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

What. the. cocos. frios. pam. kitty. morning.

11:26 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

PKM, the suspense is killing me, what is a cocos frios?

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older