Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Boring

I feel like I'm wasting your click here today.. holy cow I got nothing! Monday I had a great lunch out at Bette's in Berkeley with Holly and her friend Tracy. It could not have been better weather that's for sure. Hot for us out in the valley but in Berkeley, perfect mid 70s I think.


We walked around the 4th street area for a bit after lunch, then parted ways. I really loved the little pet shop George. Tons of super cool vintage dog figurines, love those spaniels. The colors are wonderful. They had a lot of different kinds of dog related pottery on display.

I saw this from my parked car when I was getting ready to head for home. It takes a lot of train cars for the circus, I can't believe how long that train was. Of course now that I'm looking it up online I can see there's a lot of controversy about it. So all in all that made for something interesting, and there's a chance to learn something new everyday.




Of course today the thing we're learning is that I'm pretty boring.

9 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Don't you feel like the kid in the back seat "are we there yet"? Hopefully your fabric will arrive soon and you'll be so busy!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Not boring.
You got me thinking about Berkley, and Diners, long trains, friends, fun shops. AND you distracted me from the real boring stuff: housework!
So, keep up the good job!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not boring at all. This quote comes to mind ...

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
— Laura Ingalls Wilder

6:41 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Boring often means things are percolating under the surface, waiting for the right conditions--like the arrival of fabric on your doorstep. I'm taking it as a sign of the calm before the creative storm--not a negative indication of anything.

Have a good day!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pammy.. you are so funny. Only you could get me going on checking out circus train controversy. Who knew? I mean who even knew there was a big train that was pretty famous?

I saw you mentioned by Fat Quarter Shop today, we're counting the minutes till your fabric arrives. Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration.
Jen

4:20 PM  
Blogger Snoodles said...

There are a lot of us waiting to see your wonderful fabric!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Boring me thinks NOT!
Pat

5:00 PM  
Blogger Genie said...

Not boring at all and I mean NEVER. Have you ever been to Castle in the Air in Berkeley? Loved it the last time I visited.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. That takes me back. In the late 80s I managed a store for The Nature Company here in NY and we were based in Berkeley. I wandered into Chez Panisse not knowing what it was and had a WONDERFUL dinner. The next morning I had a REALLY great breakfast at Bette's. I loved the Gardener and stayed at the French Hotel. Are they still there? Boy did i love Berkeley.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older