Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stuff and Nonsense

Even when the weather is due to be hot the porch is still pretty pleasant if you go out early enough.



This fellow features himself the lord of the backyard, but doesn't want to reveal his features to us. No matter how many photos I take.


In case you think I've done absolutely nothing, here's proof that at the very least I stuck a decal on this little spice rack. I still have some leftover from market, Elizabeth gave me a tidy little bag of them. I have to figure out what's decal worthy and what isn't.



This little shelf reminds me of this display here. To me the perfect kind of wall that evolves over time. I have something similar in my sewing room, but it's not as cute.. more like one of those walls they come across at the end of Law and Order and the insane culprit's lair is revealed. But with sewing sewing stuff and cherries.


7 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

You're too funny. Feeling little bits of sewing insanity, are we?

6:24 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Oh! Now see, if I attempted a wall like that, mine would also serve as evidence in a trial against me.
Other people's cute-creative-collages look so marvelous.
Keep us posted on Anonymous Squirrel. He should have his own series.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

A few more mornings of coffee on the porch and you'll have made those tough decisions about decal worthiness. I'm the sure the squirrel has his ideas about that.

I like the Law and Order comparison. Some days I feel like my sewing area has much more in common with Sanford and Son. Have a good one.

7:12 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I love the bits and bobs wall but don't think I could pull it off...it would just look cluttered and serve to demonstrate (kind of like Natalie says) that I'm a pack rat or angling for a spot on The Hoarders.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I haven't seen that magazine! I'll have to be on the look out for it. You have shown us your sewing room walls and they are adorable!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

I love those spice rack shelves. I have one in my sewing room holding thread here is a pic, http://rickrack-and-ribbons.blogspot.com/2006/08/few-finished-things-or-almost.html I had forgotten how long ago I made this one. The Law and Order bit is too funny!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Alice said...

I also have never seen that magazine...where do you purchase and who publishes? Would love to know! Thanks,
Alice

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older