Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Pretty Posy Day

So how was yesterday peeps? I had a fun outing with Elizabeth and Bari for some lunch in Danville then came back home to a little sewing project. I have been dying to make Penny's Pleated Posy and my pattern came this weekend. Look how cute all of Penny's new purses look in the Lakehouse Sales Booklet.


Test posy.. pretty cute right?




I chose three of my Annie's Farm Stand prints and tried them light to dark..


But decided that I liked dark to light better..


Then I made my leaf and glued it all together. And then I came in and loaded the photos.


As soon as I even GLANCED at this photo I could see that in my haste to finish the flower I have the leaf upside down. Of course the reason I can tell.. my bobbin thread doesn't match. Word to the wise.. don't take shortcuts. Just because you can't see the back doesn't mean it shouldn't match. Thank goodness that glue will dry fast and I can remedy that with some new top stitching. Matching top stitching. Then that Posy will hitch a ride on my Farmer's Market Bag.


Hope you guys have a super awesome day!!! xo


9 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

While your posy is precious, the burning question I have for you is, "Can you explain the cluster of unbelievable talent in your area"? Seriously. You, Elizabeth, Bari, Holly, Vera...the list is long and elite. Have you guys known each other and encouraged one another? Is it a fluke? The water? WHAT. Inquiring minds want to know.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Suzanne - Don't forget Alex is here too! It is a crazy creative cluster! : ) That flower is super cute Pam! I just found a cute one online that I am going to make today. I love fabric flowers!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

These are the kind of projects you need after all the flurry of creating you did for Market. I'm glad you're getting chances to get back into things more slowly. Have a great day!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

KaYoot! Well... you could Photoshop out the bobbin thread. I won't tell :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Really cute. I'm going to make that bag in the first photo. Will be fun. Maybe I should put a flower on it too!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love the posy. Especially the one with the checked fabric. LOVE IT.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Jenni Price said...

The rosette turned out really beautiful! I love the fabric you chose and no worries, the leaf looks good upside down too!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Kelly Rachel said...

Wow! Super gorgeous. I reckon the leaf even looks cute upside down. :D
Love Annie's Farm Stand too.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Beth@seasonsofhome said...

Beautiful. I'm going to have to make myself some of those.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older