Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The Retreat

Well today is the last of the posts on our trip to Utah. I'm a little misty over the whole thing, I had such a great time. Nanette and Lori are just the tip of the iceberg of wonderful people to hang out with in the Salt Lake City area, and I'd love to live close enough to meet up with them on a regular basis. Especially if I could stay here at Syd's Alpine Retreat location. The pictures on her site are much better than mine.. so check it out.

Views up to the mountains are incredible. It even snowed on us Tuesday! I would love to live at the foot of these mountains and enjoy their beauty every day.

And in the other direction, Utah Lake. You just want to drink it all in its so beautiful.


Of course inside it's just as lovely and comfortable. This bedroom has a lovely sitting area outside. You can see it here, covered in snow.


Elizabeth and I shared this room. Every little detail is perfect, I could move in. And I'm not even kidding.

Everyone was busy with their projects, Lori with her Swoon blocks, Nanette with her Cherry Cheesecake, Elizabeth with her knitting and crochet and me with my Vintage Dishes quilt.

Lori is so cute, every little detail about her sewing set up was inspiration, first off, check out this iron. HEAVY. And so good for pressing. Her Mr. Honey has it all spruced up so it works like a charm. I'm obsessing a tiny bit about it.

Her sewing station was all decked out as well. I loved every bit here, the slide show on the ipad, the darling pin cushion on a pedestal, the bottles covered. In fact Lori gave each of us a water bottle cover that is so cute I could weep. I admire people who made every little detail a thing of beauty. My magnetic pin cushion in its lime green glory is functional and but it doesn't lend that touch of beauty that Lori's elevated pin cushion does. I am going to try and add touches like this to my life. You can tour Lori's sweet sewing room here.




So it was a wonderful trip. Each day was better than the last, and how many times can you say that? Hope you have a good day peoples!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Nedra said...

I talked to Lori right as she finished your retreat, and it sounded like you all had such a good time together! I'm so glad the cold didn't scare you away. I think Alpine is one of the prettiest settings on Earth.

6:58 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

How fun!! I am so glad you got to attend!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Good good times...it was a chance I'd dreamed about for so long and it was fantastic to be with you girls. Someday maybe we can do it again.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I could weep it's all so awesome - and everyone behind all the awesomeness. Wish I could time travel and crash your guys' retreat moment with you all!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Way fun!!! So glad you all got to meet up.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

Wow! What a nice place. And your pictures make me want to "pretty up" my sewing space. How could you not be inspired?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Awwww.....I wish we were back there now just stitching away! It was wonderful to spend time with you:)
xx
Lori
PS...are you craving Syd's scones like I am?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Glad for you all...really...but next time I want to go too!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older