Monday, August 03, 2009

But I'm Not Complaining

Good morning peoples! How was the weekend? It was great here. Lots of lovely weather, all in the 80's, and seriously,I couldn't be happier. Oh wait, more 80's this week, I COULD!!!! Be happier that is, because I love cool weather.
I spent some time out back on the swing with coffee and this magazine. It's a lovely read, especially when you know some of the people included! Joanna's studio is just as lovely as it appears in the magazine.
I have also had the pleasure of meeting Debbee Thibault you might remember. I love her work.
Also in this magazine is a feature on Nicol Sayre. I met Nicol at quilt market the first year I went. She and Dee Foust had a pattern company called Folk and Whimsy and I loved their designs. They are local girls and we saw quite a bit of their creative genius at Going to Pieces where I worked. Its lovely to see her studio featured.

I did quite a bit of sewing over the weekend, and hoped to grab a nice fresh photo instead of these ... but with the lovely overcast gloom this morning, you'll have to settle for these.


Not the greatest but I am not complaining at all about the gloom and cool morning!! Not one bit. Ok peoples, I hope you had a good weekend. Tell me what you were up to if you're so inclined! xo

12 Comments:

Blogger shasta lady said...

Good morning, see if you can guess
who? So excited to see your blog.
I have hoped to get in contact, so
fun.

8:53 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Carolyn is that you Shasta Lady? I saw your comment last week or so, but my email address for you isn't good anymore! Email me! Mine is the same! xo

9:23 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Must. Have. Magazine.

11:58 AM  
Blogger alobsiger said...

Oooooh, ahhhhh, lovely fabrics!

12:21 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh the magazine.....I am just trying to convince myself that I should flip my small sewing room (9X10) poor light with the guest room (9x18) great light). We really don't have that many overnight guests, kids all married and most of them live nearby.It seems very indulgent but I am thinking more and more its the way to go!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

You're SO funny PKM. Temp is all relative -- 80's are WARM, 60's are cool. 100's are just ridiculous and mean you need to move someplace cooler. Yummy fabrics -- can't wait to see them done!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Quilting with Pugs said...

I had a week of stay-cation and finished two quilts. I have so many pretty ones to do.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Oh - I wish I were headed down your way, Pam - still in the 90's here! But at least you got to recover from your previous adventures in pretty good weather - what fun you all had!
Cheers!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Gari in AL said...

YOu need to come over to my blog to see what all I accomplished this weekend. In AL we had 90+ weather with thunder storms every afternoon. The 80s sound really good to me.

8:21 PM  
Blogger jen. e said...

I know it...It wa such a nice weekend. I was in San Fransico on Saturday hanging out at the park with my close girls friends and workin' on my crochet blanket. It couldn't get any better :)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

I'm just ridiculously ready for that Simple Abundance to go ahead and come out already! I see it EVERYWHERE...and I NEED it! :) Can't wait to see what you're doing with yours

4:11 PM  
Blogger nicol sayre said...

Hi Pam
Thanks so much for the mention!
Ahhh those Folk & Whimsy days..seems like a hundred years ago but no less fun! Always room in my heart for hometown girls ! xoxo Nicol

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older