Monday, July 20, 2009

Mornin'

Good morning my fresh faced peoples! How are you today? I had a wonderful weekend, thank you for all your wonderful birthday greetings, they totally made my day special! We got up early and drove to pick up Frankie and then went on down to San Luis Obispo for the day! It's a big ride but we like it.
It was sunny and nice early, I took this picture along the fields as you turn towards the coast. I love how those white canopies look in the sun. It looks hot already though, and it was already warm at 8am there.
Get a little closer to the coast though and pull on your sweater. LOVELY AMAZING BEAUTIFUL COOL COOL FOG. When we were coming back home you could see the fog rolling through Frankie's apartment complex like in a scary movie. No prettier site after a hot day my friends.

Last week Suzanne took a road trip and said there was no salad allowed, so I decide to give her way a try. We had a nice lunch at the Apple Farm Inn and although this burger was wonderful I'm making sure you can't enlarge this photo. It was a little too meaty graphic for the blog.

As usual the plantings around the Inn are amazing. I just want this wonderful moss all over my yard. Except you know here where it was 110 according to my car, I don't imagine it would do well without a lot of water. Sad because I have a big planting of that Campanula that it so nicely compliments.

I wish now that I'd picked up one of those glass mushrooms. They glow in the dark. Wouldn't that be spooky fun?


So for the rest of the weekend we just worked around the house. Inside though, man its scorchy out there.
So that was my nice weekend, what about yours?

10 Comments:

Blogger Deb Silva said...

Quiet, quiet, quiet here on my home front.
I am with you about the heat - not lovin' it.
The burger looks good. And, by the way I stopped by TJ's and picked up some Clafoutis and a package of those Apple Dumpling thingys that they have to try too. Haven't been home to try them yet, but they are there waiting for me.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

We were in Monterey and Half Moon Bay. Need I say more?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

It was your birthday??? Happy Birthday Pam!!! It isn't to late to fuss over you is it? I hope you were completely spoiled!!! I love SLO and have stayed at the Apple Farm Inn a couple of times. It's a nice little road trip and then if you go down to Pismo, it's like stepping back in time...it reminds me of the beach area where I grew up. Hummm, love the coast:)

9:05 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG sign of Seaside.

!@#%!&*! Albert #@%!#@ Chung #*!&#^$ Chicken !@#&!@!! - I forgot your birthday AGAIN! I suck. Happy, happy, happy belated birthday. xoxoxom

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are having unseasonably cool weather here in Ohio.

Hi! I found your blog in the book "Blogging for Bliss"! I've enjoyed my visit here. I hope to learn more about posting pictures...this book is a lot of help and your blog is an inspiration!☺

9:59 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Glad you had a fun birthday, Pam! Stay cool!
Cheers!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have never been so hot in my life. We went up to Andrea's in Granite Bay on Friday and it was 111 degrees when I got there at 4:30 PM. Honestly, how do you stand it? It was in the low sixties back home in Salinas.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Belated happy birthday. I'm glad you had some good food and fun. That is what birthdays are all about. The quilt is lovely on the previous post.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

That looks like a burger hunka would love. Nice and meaty.
The mushrooms look cool. Maybe they will send you one.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That burger looks so amazing! Except I'm sure there's stuff on it that I'd complain over.
Well, you certainly know all about my weekend...

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older