Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another Busy Day Ahead

Today involves no sewing, which is a bit of a relief. I've got a pile of stuff I'm thinking about, but I can't make up my mind exactly what to do. And that yellow strawberry Lecien fabric is all I have of that, can't afford to waste it. It's a lovely canvas weight and will make a good bag. It's Minny Muu.. really, it makes me a little bit crazy. (in the happy way) Today I made the eighth version of my bag for the United Notions booth. I'm so excited that it will be in their booth, it's almost like being in the Moda family. Anyway, this is my new bag, Sew Frilly!

I had a lot of fun with this project, it looks cute in any combination of fabrics, I made two out of Wiscasset and the are so elegant by nature of the fabric. I'm not known for making more than one or two of something but I'm pretty sure I made 8 total. That's a lot of ruffling my friend.


So today has me running errands, going to Elizabeth's house and who knows what else.. I can't remember anymore! I'm sure I have a list somewhere. Elizabeth put all her new patterns on the website. Go check those out! She's got some wonderful things this time. Finally you'll be able to see my quilt from the Bubble Gum Basics that Barbara sent me! It's called Hopscotch. Super easy, super fun. I think Jane at Quilter's Inn will be kitting this quilt up, they're on their second order of Bubblegum Basics.


That's about all for me today. Phew, that's a lot of links so get busy people! xo

23 Comments:

Blogger alobsiger said...

I was just sitting here checking out a map of downtown P-burgh. I need to explore some new phone apps today. Hopefully I'll actually sew and not just waste time technology-ifying myself. LOVE the bag! Looks like a tiny garment at the top.

6:26 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Hi Pam! . . . The bag is adorable! I can't wait to see the whole line. . . !
. . . & I'll see you on Thursday! . . . !!! :o)

xo, Bren

6:43 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

The bag and the fabrics are wonderful!!! And you've made 8....wow! Have fun at market!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

The more I see of that bag, the more I love it. :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

That bag is FABULOUS! I'm going to have to get me one of those patterns. And that Wiscasset fabric is making my heart sing every time I see it. I better order some. Makes me think of Maine and summer.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

You know, pretty soon someone is going to be doing "celebrity sewing" for you!!!!

The bag is very cute! I hope you sell a billion of the patterns!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I am SO not done making those bags. Of course I can say that because I only made one! But it's a great pattern and fun to make.
Hey, maybe I should order the pattern...

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Doris said...

Hi Pam, I LOVE your bag, it is way too cutie!! Smiling cherries and all! You are on your way to greatness, oh Queen of the Cherries! (love your blog)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

So much wonderful eye candy, Pam! I SO want to get my hands on that Cosmo floss - and the bag is out of this world - LOVE the design!
Cheers!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Pam
As always, a loyal friend - thanks for liking our new "child" as much as we do. You know how biased parents are, nice when others say it is good.
Wish I were in Pittsburg, but see you in Houston!
Enjoy
Polly

12:49 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Gorgeous gorgeous. You did them proud! We can all aspire to your perfection and creativity Pam. Thanks for sharing!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup said...

Terrific bag. But sewing eight of them? You are so very dedicated! Have tons of fun and thanks again for the Hopscotch! It is great!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the bag! I had commented to Elizabeth that this bag was one of my favorite new items that she has on her site!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a unique, fun bag!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous tammy tadd said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! Can't wait to see it "up close and personal"!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Love, love, love the bag!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Pam that bag is too cute, I love the top. It looks like a little bolero cardigan!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Cute bag!!!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jan Lutz said...

Adorable bag Pam! Great job.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Pam- that bag is DANG cute, you are going to sell a bazillion patterns.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love, love, love that bag! You sure are handy with your ruffler.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Elizabeths new patterns are lovely. And so are yours! Good for you. Your work always makes me smile.

3:33 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

You. Stinkin'. Rock. ROCK I tell you! Love the bags, love the fabs, and most of all... love you!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older