Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Neighborhood News

There were ruffled feathers this week when this pair tried to make a move.







I don't appreciate having my pretty pot of petunias smashed down. Found them by surprise last week when I watered them. I had that pot down for a whole week and still they want to try and build a nest there.

Here's a job I'm glad I don't have to do. Tree trimmers up in my neighbor's tree. The two men were really amazing and the tree is beautifully opened up and still shaped so nice after a huge trimming.



The squirrels were angry about it and picked a bunch of Alice-Jane's oranges. Apparently they don't like change.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sheri Howard said...

I know you didn't want your flowers smashed, but that was so sweet the two of them sitting there together!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

LOL - sometimes change is hard - even when the intentions are good. Looks like those squirrels are creatures of habit.

8:59 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Cooo. Coooo. Coooo.

Your backyard has become it's own little wildlife Payton Place! Not laughing at the chaos and destruction... but only you can crack me up over wildlife antics.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You can send that pair over my way. I have a hanging pot whose geranium is probably not going to bounce back from the winter...it would be a perfect place for them.
Which of course explains why I have no birds there.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous amy said...

That orange on the fence is hilarious! Any thoughts on why there were three ducks in a front yard in Ferndale, MI last week? (no, no water feature, river, pool, pond, lake, stream, rivulet, etc., in sight)

7:17 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh they look sweet all right...until the little ones hatch and sit there and want to be fed all day...while they poop all the time too...on the deck! We left the first nest 3 years ago and learned this the hard way. Now we diligently police the hanging pots and shoo the doves away and into the bushes and trees.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

You sure do have the wildlife over there dont you? lol

11:47 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

But don't you think they'd make a charming addition to the petunias?

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older