Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wiscasset

Morning Peeps. Lookie lookie at this! Its my lovely pile of fabrics from the new line by Minnick and Simpson, Wiscasset. It's so rich feeling, with a nice polish on it. And navy, you just don't see good navy very often. It hasn't hit the Moda website but you know it will shortly after quilt market. I've struggled for a few days to get a really good photo, we've had some cloudy days, some light rain. Today we're off and running early, lot of stuff going on, but it's really the last deadline day. Well, hardcore deadline day.
I'm making a purse or two out of this fabric. One for Laurie and one maybe for the United Notions booth, depends on if they can use it or not. But I'm hoping I'll catch sight of Laurie carrying it around. I'm thinking of using lace instead of a ruffle for a vintage feel. Unless she says ruffle, in which case anything she wants!! I'm happy she spared some of her nice yardgoods with me, and also thanks to Ted for shipping the rest out. He's a busy guy. They should have a page devoted to him so all the lucky recipients could link to it and he could see how he is appreciated!
Ok, that's enough rambling. I super love this 'job'. Nothing beats making things for people. I think I love that best. So for now, gotta go.
But hey peoples, thanks so much for reading my blog. I can't tell you how much you all mean to me. xo

14 Comments:

Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Are you kidding?? I would like whatever the artist decides I should have - lace or ruffle. I can't wait and yes, I will carry it all around Pittsburgh. Thanks again, and see you soon.

Laurie

5:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hmmm...looks to me like maybe more than "a purse or two" could be made from that yummy pile! I love the new purse so much and can't wait to see them out of this fabric!
P.S. I have plenty of fusible fleece here...HINT.

6:37 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

That is a good photo! YUM! I can already tell that I'm already getting myself into a lot of Sample Spree trouble. . . (my list is getting longer!) I was trying to think of how I could make more room in my suitcase - I'm thinking I'm going to be shipping things home from market!
. . & Pam - if you're making it - that's the only thing needed to be assured that it will be wonderful!
. . . as for Ted. . . seriously - I don't think there has been one man who has made so many women so happy! ;o)
xxo, Bren

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Love the fabrics. And I wonder if my kids even know what color Navy is? You are right, that fabric is a good navy. ;o) And I must throw in a vote for Ted too! He's fantastic! Good luck in your sewing today! And don't mention the "R" word anymore. We've had like 14 inches so far this year. Ugh. Ugh. & Ugh. ooxx`jodi

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Looks like a perfect photo!!! And those fabrics are wonderful...you've got a pretty good pile there!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Are you aware that Wiscasset is a town in Maine? It is really beautiful.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

As the previous commenter pointed out, Wiscasset is a beautiful little town in Maine that we pass through on the way to our cottage in Cushing, Maine. The best thing about Wiscasset though is Red's Eats so if you ever get there, get in line at Red's for some amazing seafood.

8:57 AM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

oh how fun.
i can't wait to see the finished product.

:D

11:30 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

You have the absolute BEST job in the world, Pam! Are you going to take your little net book with you to Market so we can all be the first to see what's happenin'?
Cheers!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Really nice fabric--can't wait!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Now that is a group of fabric I cannot wait to get my hands on!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooooh pretty!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

HiPam-
You're right, that is the perfect navy blue. You're doing a great job on the sewing marathon-keep going, the finish line is in sight!!!
Lori

7:52 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I'm so curious about Ted. Is he like Charlie... we never get to see him? Only Bosley has?? And a shoutout to Carolyn too! Everyone at Moda is so nice, their fabrics are the best, best designers, best everything. Lock me in the warehouse and throw away the key.

I love M&S's newest line. Love. It. I can't wait to see your purse in it!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older