Saturday, November 01, 2008

Run Darlene Run

You know what I miss most about working in a shop is seeing all the people, so quilt market is like a 4 day fun fest for me. I love catching up with people I only see once or twice a year, and getting to meet blog friends in real life. And lets don't forget the celebrities!! Like my friend Darlene.. I didn't get to see too much of her this time, every time I saw her she was headed the other way! Maybe its my enthusiasm!

Here's a nice shot of some new friends and old friends courtesy of Jackie. From left to right there's Pam, Jackie's sidekick, Jackie, Elizabeth, me, old friend Kim and Nan. I've known Kim since my days of working at Going to Pieces in Pleasanton. She's a wonderful quilter and now she and Nan are designing for Wilmington. I'm so excited for them, I know fabric has been a dream of Kim's for some time! Nice to meet Jackie in real life, she's just as much fun as you'd imagine from her blog.

No quilt market blog would be complete without a photo of Jay! He was so funny and very generous with his time. I grabbed an autograph for Frankie and I.


Mary was busy as usual so I had just a few minutes to grab a cute shot of her! She had some fun new things this market!


Here's Elizabeth with our friend Cindy!

Here are Nancy and Lynda from the Great American Quilt Factory.

Here's another person I was excited to meet in real life. Jona has a great blog and a wonderful online fabric shop. She makes some amazing children's clothes, she has a nice eye for color and pattern and I really enjoy reading her blog. We missed meeting up last time, so it was great that she stopped by.



Here's another someone I was happy to meet in real life! Glenna is a fabric designer, author and of course blogger! I've admired her work for ages, so it was wonderful to meet her in real life.

Of course the next ladies need no introduction!!!! But just in case somehow you've missed out, it's Elizabeth, Nancy and Sharon. It was nice to meet Nancy in person, and see Sharon again. They're so much fun and boy, did they ever get some loot! Check both their blogs for some wonderful market photos.

Here's a young lady who I was very happy to see this time. Lizzy House has her first line of fabric out with Andover!!! It's called Lizzy Dish and its completely cute. She's wearing a very fun apron made by a friend that has the little selvage out so you can see her name. Very clever!

Here's a nice shot of Elizabeth, Lizzy, Ashlee, Lizzy's sister and Cherri, proud mom! Cherri is also a wonderful quilt designer, and had quilts all over the place! Check out her blog for their story!

Another one of our favorite people is Kris! As you all know she has a great shop in Southern California! We love her and not just because she carries Late Bloomer Patterns!

Here's another familiar face!! It's Karen Snyder! She about to get much more familiar as the new face of Elna! Of course I was way too lame to get a photo of that print ad.

Here's Barbara of Quilt Soup showing off her great new line of fabric with Henry Glass. Holy cow it's cute and I can't wait to see it in fabric form! Check out her blog for the latest, she's got some good market posts!


Of course no trip to market is complete without a visit from the Fat Quarter shop crew! Look for them to be carrying just about all of Late Bloomer Quilt patterns!

Hey here's my new celebrity Mary Lou and she's sporting the bag I made for her! It's always fun to meet someone who's work you've admired for a long time! I was thrilled to have an opportunity to work with her new line with Benartex.

Ok peoples, more photos to come... here's some links to more posts about quilt market, check them out!


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great round up of peeps and links!!! Cracking up over the pic of Darlene. Dying.

I love how you've listed the links to market posts. You KNOW I'm going to expect that with each market now. You spoil us. HA... we should have a check-in booth for you at each market. Hey... A PKM booth... I love that. Complete with a coffee press, massage chairs, catering from a local Mexican restaurant...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Cute cute cute photos there Miss Pam!!! You had too much fun. You were so busy taking photos did you get any work done over there? LOL

1:09 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Poor Darlene...always so skittish. Wish we could convince her that there's probably nothing to be afraid of...

6:32 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

You have a few of my favorite people pictured too. Glenna and the Houses are special ladies. And Pam I love that little white hooded jacket you are wearing in the last picture. It is so cute.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you give a great tour on your meet and greet!! Great shots, love 'em!
Darlenes' picture is hilarious!
You look like you are having a blast!
Thanks for all the links.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Market is so much fun! Thanks for the links, Pam.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures. It's nice the see the faces AND the quilts/fabrics. Thanks for the links, too. Can't wait to check them out! I always love checking in on your blog.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was so fun to see you guys!! The booth was great and I love all the new patterns! Keep up the good work!!!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your great photos! Lucky you for getting an autograph from Jay!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

Great photos once again Pam! thanks for sharing.
PS - I miss seeing you at the quilt shop too.

11:39 AM  
Blogger LizzyHouse said...

hooray! I was so happy to see you guys! The pics look great! Also, I love your hoodie too. I meant to tell you whilst in the booth...

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older