Monday, October 20, 2008

The Escape Artist

HOLY COW PEOPLE MARKET IS LATER THIS WEEK!!!
Elizabeth and I did some work this weekend together. She has some amazing things coming this time, I can't wait for you to see the ... well the stuff she hasn't shown yet. I admire all the designers who keep coming up with new wonderful things each season.
Bret and I had time to go and score a little pen for Binnie. I take her out every day for a romp in the back yard and I thought it would be nice if I could put her in a little pen and then I could count her NOT getting back into some little spot where I can't catch her. She's a master at that.
Anyway.. got the little pen and put it out back. Right off I heard the call of a hawk coming for the oak tree next door, so I sat on my little seat in there and played with her. Bret brought out her cage for cleaning so I left the pen to help.
Doesn't she look cute standing up there. This was taken about 10 seconds before she just hopped over the fencing and went over to sit in the hole she's dug in the path. Ha ha we laughed, look at how clever she is! So I pulled the little seat out and popped her back in there. About 30 seconds went by before she scaled the fence and then when perched at the top she launched herself triumphantly onto the lawn.
So we folded up the fence we bought an hour earlier and returned it to the pet store.
How was your weekend?

13 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

Oh that Binnie. . . what a little personality she is!! I'm so sorry that the pen didn't work for you. . . Just when we think we have it all figured out, . . our animals show us who's really in charge!
See you . . . IN A FEW DAYS!!!! . . . (finally!)
xo, Bren

9:23 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

We bought Maggie a pen similar to Biniie's. It was fine for a while. Then she learned how to scoot it with her nose over to the edge of the deck and make her escape! I would put bricks around it, but she was one strong puppy. Now I just use it to guard my bedding plants so she doesn't jump in them before I plant them. Ya gotta love 'em!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I suppose if she hadn't figured out how to go over, she would have dug under it.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How funny! She just has the urge to dig. She does look sooo cute up on her hind quarters watching for the perfect escape time. You big bad hawks better just leave her alone!!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

What a stinker!!!! Aren't you glad you spent all that time and $ on that little pen? I guess Binnie showed you who's boss!!

Have fun at Market and good luck with everything!

10:36 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

That is the cutest shot of her on the buggy thing. She's got "toddler" written all over her!

What if you went back to the pet store and re-buy the pen, and then get another one to put on top?

10:43 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

LOL! I'll tell ya right now what the problem is; she doesn't realize she's a bunny. You can tell just by looking at her--the indignation! :-)
Can hardly wait to see Elizabeth's new stuff. It's always SO CUTE!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

How funny! I want a bunny! (he he, that rhymed) I can't believe Market is already here again. Take tons of pictures for those of us who can't be there, okay? PLEASE? I can't wait...

1:14 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I just discoverd your blog. I love it!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Mama Spark said...

That was the funniest story ever!! What a clever little bunny! I think you should write a little book about Binnie the escape artist bunny!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Oh how adorable that little Binnie is! Take a look at: http://www.cagesdirect.com/ware-patio-home
-for-rabbitsguinea-pigs-p-470.html for a hutch that has a "enclosed patio" so cute and no escape route! Have a blast at Houston! Pam in Chico

11:11 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

LOLOL That is hysterical. How cute is she standing there??

10:37 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

She's adorable! My grand babies, both human and furry, don't like play pens either. :) My grand daughter would put her face to the net and make faces at me.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older