Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The one where I'm not very nice.

A few weeks ago, or maybe two, I don't even remember how long ago it was now, my husband was in Virginia for 10 days. He came home bearing gifts, as usual. On these kinds of business trips they're usually working 15 hours or more a day, so there's not much time for shopping but he likes coming home with something. Even if we do have a moratorium on coffee mugs.

Their stay was extended a few days and their boss generously suggested they take Sunday off and do something fun. His coworker wanted to see all the Washington sites so they went over to the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian etc, and he brought home all his tickets and his Holocaust Museum passport in case I wanted to blog about it. I thanked him and put the stuff on my sewing table, thinking I didn't go to those places so just exactly what would I say about all that stuff? Then I just forgot about it.

And then I did have a reason to blog about it.

Note to self, be a nicer person, you know, like your nice little husband.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

ROTFL !! ooxx`jod

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so relate. My husband is such a great guy too & I usually fail to notice, cheer, or say nice things about the sweet things he does. Aren't we women a funny bunch??? Because I know I would be the first to complain about it if he didn't do those nice things.
Hope you have a fantastic day!

Tracy
PS I am so excited...it looks like I am gonna be the first comment. Yeah for me!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your right, sometimes we definitely take them for granted. Gotta love them! By the way, my daughter went to the Holocaust Museum, the Air and Space museum, and all those other monuments. But she said the Holocaust was the most moving. A must see.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

So true Pam. I thought yesterday when things are so stressful in the world and when life is so up and down, our homes have to be places of peace and comfort and especially appreciation. We have to try harder to keep our relationships strong. And of course Oprah told us a few weeks ago to appreciate our husbands more. Ya gotta go with Oprah.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I love this post, Pam!

10:13 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Aww . . . the little passport just wanted a little bit of attention. . . that's all. )Plus. . . it must just want to be part of another legacy. . . a quilt! Great post PKM!
xo, Bren
(Tell hubby to try & bring home a baby panda next time!. . . )

11:16 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

I guess that he finally got your attention huh??? :D Yes, let's be kind to our husbands.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh I'm sure you are very nice to your hubby!! Dont be beating yourself up!!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older