Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What a weekend

As you probably already read over on Elizabeth's blog, we went to Sutter Creek for the Golden Threads Quilt Show. It was a great time, the ladies were so friendly. I think my favorite part of the weekend was seeing some of our old friends from the shop. I really miss all the people.. so seeing special ones made it great. Friday we did get out and about for some shopping. You know we love our shopping. This is along the sidewalk in Amador City. There's a cute new store right next to County Living. I've forgotten the name. Dang.
Country Living was wonderful, as usual. Lots of temptations for us, with our full to the brim car.
This garden shop was so amazing. I picked up some wonderful succulents for a little planter out back. There were so many wonderful things there.
It was a great weekend. We actually saw blue sky on Sunday, the smoke is clearing up. Thanks to all the quilt guild members for making us feel like we were part of your group. And, as usual, thanks to Elizabeth for bringing me along!

13 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Thank you for the smoke and fire free field trip! I'm glad you're back... I missed you!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

"Pam - featured quilter's assistant" that should be a tag line behind your name or something. Looks wonderful. Its always amazing to me how sweet quilty women are.

11:50 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

What a very fun life you lead Pam. So glad for you! :-)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

jealous much! I love Amador, Jackson all of those quaint little towns with their awesome shops and big breakfast diners!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I also love the title..."Featured Quilter's Assistant!" love reading about your fun excursions....probably just as well the car was jam packed already!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Heidi Kaisand said...

Country Living looks so fun....if I was close I'd be there often.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It was a great weekend--couldn't have done it without you!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That name tag cracks me up! You gals travel to such fun places! I need to get out more. I don't think we have all of those fun places around here though.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Super field trip! Makes me realize I need to get out more. All I do these days is sew for seven hours a day. Actually, what I need is a job!
Hasn't the smoke been horrendous? We are getting so much of it from the Big Sur fire that the patio is covered in soot and I can hardly breathe without an asthma attack.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll just have to adopt me, becuase your adventures are always so fun! As Mom says above, we need to go on more field trips!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Looks like a fun shopping day :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger farmlady said...

You were in my neck of the woods, Pam. Amador City is our "little secret" in Amador County. Sandy, who owns Country Living had a yard sale at her home a while back and it was wonderful. My sister came up from Lafayette and we spent the day in Amador City and Sutter Creek. Take a look at overgoodground.blogspot.com (my blog) for some wonderful places up here. This is God's country.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you got to spend time in Sutter ... and at a quilt shop, too! Love that town and is one of the places I often feel homesick for ... even though I've never lived there. You guys had a great day!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older