Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Monday

I thought I was going to have more time on my hands but turns out I'm still busy! Still up and out of the house at a decent time, although decent in my book is a lot later than in most other people's. I did take some time though to pick the fabrics for my next block. I'll tell you, these all make me so so happy to work with. I never would have thought I'd have the patience for this kind of quilt, but I love it. I also love the machine work a lot. I've been doing a lot of invisible machine applique and blanket stitching on my Celebrity Stunt Sewing job and I just love how it makes me feel calm. Kind of a zen thing for me I guess. One with the machine and all that. (ok, I smacked myself.. I'm over it)

We stopped in at The Quilter's Inn today. Jane and Kathy kitted up my version of the Flight of Fancy and you can see it there in the midst of a very cheery display for Valentine's Day and some springy fresh looking fabrics.

See more of the happy outing over at Elizabeth's. She's got some photos that make me look as ridiculous as I often seem here!

Quilt and be happy peoples!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was chanting ohm shamaya while you were sewing. In a happy, relaxed state. Ohhhhmmm. And then the crack of your smack jostled me. Don't do that!

I'm in serious love with that yellow fabric with the roses. Back in my trance now. Ohhhhmmm...

8:45 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

I do believe you have thee prettiest overall stash EVER.
Glad it was a good day.
:-)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Quilter's Inn is the best. I am planning a stop there when I have my quilt retreat this April up at San Damiano. Last year they gave me all kinds of goodies to award at my retreat. Hey, wanna join us?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa D. said...

OOoo - it sounds like I'll be stopping at Quilter's Inn with Nicole in April (I'm coming down from Washington State for her retreat). Oh, what an extra special treat it would be to meet the famous Pamkittymorning, too!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Love the choice of fabrics. Love the photo and journal of your day yesterday. And you are adorable.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Ms. Retiree!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Love your fabrics Pam. Can't wait to see more of your celebrity stunt sewing -- that's such a funny name!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Quilter's Inn looks like a beautiful store ... it's only 30 miles from San Franscisco ... wondering how scary the drive is because it would mean over the Oakland Bay Bridge, right? But a great quilt shop is well worth a white knuckled drive!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

I love the Quilters Inn, haven't been in a bit. I love that they carry so much of the Westminster stuff! Very cool stunt sewing! You crack me up! Have a great day!
xoxox
Dena

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable display at Quilter's Inn! That says "buy me, buy me, buy me!"

9:06 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

I adore her presentation! I love the boxes and bows. The fabrics are yummy too. :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

always so darn happy over here....You deserve the perkiest blogger award...You make it all so exciting...Hope to see you at the market!!! All my best, Jennifer

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older