Thursday, January 10, 2008

What's not to love...

.. about another sewing day with Alex with special guest visitor Elizabeth? Look at sweet little Sparrow sitting on the table. She was not too happy with me today, I screamed and it sent her skedaddling! What was I screaming over? Alex is going to be on MARTHA STEWART'S SIRIUS RADIO SHOW TOMORROW!! I completely love Martha, have loved her from the first moment I saw that PBS Thanksgiving special 20 or so years ago. I even own some Martha Stewart Omnimedia shares.. a sweet gift from Bret when she went public. (NYSE:MSO) I thought it was exciting anyway. Seriously, Martha Stewart.

And talk about another holy crap moment.. get a load of that new sewing machine! It's fresh out of the box from Bernina, the new 75th Anniversary Artista 630! It's really nice. I'd heard rumors that it sewed like my old Bernina and I have to say, pretty darn close. And believe me, I love that 1260 like a member of my family.

Get a load of all that thread too! I love sewing with Alex's line of Superior Thread. I use the big chunky spools myself but I sure don't have all the colors! Wouldn't it be great to have your own line of thread and have one named after you like 117?

Hmm what color would PamKittyMorning be anyway?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'd be red! Love that machine (and all the thread - I'm a bit of a thread addict myself). Happy weekend!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

That is a big WOW! I've taken classes from Alex. Now I can say that I've talked to someone who has talked to MARTHA! This is too cool. I can see why you screamed. With all of her problems, Martha is still the guru of the idea of making your life special no matter what your circumstances are. As for thread color, I agree, you'd be red. Just look at your blog header!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RED, it is....how fun to have a day w/friends,fabric and fun! Doesn't get better!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow! How exciting -- congrats to Alex! Cherry Red!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Our Alex is the best--so naturally Martha would want to chat with her! Sparrow is a cutie--it's tradition for a cat to be in a basket on that table. I think PamKittyMorning would be a bright cheery yellow like the sun coming up!

11:16 AM  
Blogger gina said...

"PamKittyMorning" color would be a variegated thread color that would change daily with your mood...like a mood ring from my junior high days. Are you taking it to the next level with that new machine?
G

6:08 PM  
Blogger Di~ said...

PamKitty
You crack me up! Yes I'd like to be named 117 if that was my weight!(body weight~~too bad it isn't)Green number 117.
~D Spack~

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST ONE COLOR for PKM threaad? I don't think so. More like an entire collection. Mmmm... pinks, reds, yellow, soft blues, apple greens and black.

Alex on Martha. Holy Crap - too cool! I love Martha. Love her, love her, love her.

Congrats on your new machine! I'm still working (schmoozing) on getting a ruffler for my Elna. Sigh. You're gong to have to name your Bernies - all those numbers are starting to confuse me.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You lucky duck!
Must catch Alex on Martha.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older