Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Morning!

Good Morning my Peoples! How are you? I'm having a week off here in the get-read-to-move countdown. Remember last years chaos? Well this year, quadruple it, as there's furniture involved. And supplies, for an apartment. And they're everywhere here, bags and boxes and PILES of stuff. Next week though, the house will feel awfully empty. Good thing she's not too far away.
I haven't done much else really. We've got one more piece of furniture to pick up, a dining table. I've caught up on my sewing, the binding went on my little yellow quilt, and its so cute. Of course now I realize I still need to make the little tag for it. So more on that later.
And just because it's always nice to see a photo, I'm including this one from the shop. I love this quilt top, I made it a couple of years ago. I loved the border and I loved Terry Atkinson's pattern from her book My Red Sofa.

I still love it, but it just didn't do well as a kit, there are still 3 left. I thought it would make such a cute addition to a sewing room. I love the cute sewing border and the little basket block. Next time the ladder is out I think I'll reclaim it and work on machine quilting it. I have some pretty yellow binding just waiting.

Well that's all for today my sweets. I wish you all a happy Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

This is the second time I've seen this quilt today and it's incredibly ironic because I finished cutting it out last night. In fact I cut out three different basket block quilts to make. Yours is darling!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Ila K. said...

Enjoy your home time.

Wouldn't this top be cute with some yo yo's for flowers, and rick rack stems? Or have you been able to fend off yo yo fever...

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love those colors!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a happy quilt. I love it but then i love any basket quilt. Thanks for sharing!!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Happy moving to you all! I hope Frankie is excited to be getting set up in a new place. Although I wouldn't go back for ten million dollars I remember being her age and getting settled in a new apartment and loving it.

Now my hip hurts just thinking about having to move and arrange and all that.

Is she going to have room mates?

8:23 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

That is a sweet quilt. I love baskets and your colors are totally summery! :)

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older