Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Orange Dream

Ok, here it is! Totally a departure for me, and I love it. Very fun and cheery. I have no idea what I'll do with it, so I've left it at the shop and they're going to hang it as a sample maybe. It is a big quilt, so there was really no place to get a decent full picture of it. Elizabeth's pattern was very easy to follow and this was certainly fast to make. You don' t need to use jelly rolls, you can use your own fabric selections. I think it would be fun to come up with something from your stash. When I make this again I will cut extra strips to make a kit for a friend. Wouldn't that be a fun gift? For those wondering about yardage instead of strips, I used (18) 1/6th cuts of fabric that yielded 2 strips of each piece of fabric.


Yesterday was a fun day at work. It was busy most of the time I was there. Best part, a visitor! Connie, of Monica's girl gang, and her husband Dave (gosh I hope that's right, I should have taken notes) came for a visit! She's super nice and my blurry picture doesn't capture her energy and charm. It was great to meet you Connie. Monica's busy working on her big move, but like many other's, I've missed her.
Ok, Crossing Jordan is now on twice a day, so I can really get some sewing done. I have started machine quilting my little yellow quilt and I could easily get that done if I applied myself.
See you later aligators.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, Pam! I wish I knew how to make quilts! I don't even know what the term "Machine quilting" means! LOL!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Oooh, that orange quilt is so much a summer time quilt. It reminds me of the orange creamsicles that the ice cream truck would sell when I was a kid. Beautiful!

10:53 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

oh my god. it's like a non-drippy creamcicle that i can wrap myself in.

so yummy.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Lisa D. said...

What a beautiful quilt! I'm partial to orange, having recently completed an orange quilt myself. Yours is fun!

11:47 AM  
Blogger corry said...

That's a very cheerful quilt, love the orange! I get lots of inspiration here!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quilt is so cheerful!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

What a delightful quilt. I don't think I've ever made an orange quilt.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Ila K. said...

A kit for a friend, what an angel you are! A seriously lovely orange delight.

After a while, crocodile.

7:50 PM  
Blogger christine said...

i'm so in love with orange... it's seriously the new pink as far as i'm concerned

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you got to meet Connie. She is a lot of fun.
Robin

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me want to make a quilt.

Your Crochet Friend,
Tamara G.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun and completely SUMMER! A giant orange creamsicle on a hot day. Love it... ;)

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love love that quilt!

8:03 AM  
Blogger atet said...

That orange quilt is just fun. I love the colors -- don't know why we don't see more orange around. Great work!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you put fabrics together. You are so talented and I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this baby finished today. I had just seen the start of it a few days ago. I like to reflect on my quilts and take years to finish them! LOLOLOL. Becareful, or you'll be writing a book someday sharing your brilliance with the rest of us :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

SUCH A CUTE QUILT!! :) I love the color! And SO LUCKY YOU to get to meet Connie. I was hoping to get to meet her when I was out west, but our pal Monica decided to buy a house right before I came out! Silly girl. There's always next year! :)

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beau t ful!!!!! I love orange, and that one is adorable! Great job!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I am in love with that quilt. I don't know what it is, but orange has been so attractive to me lately. Never been a favorite color, but I'm actually doing orange for my studio.

That's a pattern I just might be able to tackle. Is it from her new book or one of her older ones?

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a hoot! I can't believe how much you are like Monica, way tooo funny. Look forward to hanging out when market comes. Should be some Depends moments, I am sure!
You were exactly how I imagined, what a doll! Thanks for the nice words!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to mention how I loved the quilt! Dreamy!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older