Monday, May 14, 2007

Crochet Love

If you've been following along you probably by now realize that I love making things. I come from a family of creative people. I suppose I take making things for granted it was such a regular part of my life.
But I digress. As per usual. Back to my crochet love. During set up, Elizabeth and I took a break to walk the aisles to see who was there. We had our booklet and had to look up our blog peeps. And we came upon this booth..


I could weep. I mean each time I walked by I could just cry it was so pretty. Jackie is a fabric and pattern designer, her new line with Windham Fabrics is called Sweetest Gifts. It's not on Windham's site yet for you to check it out, but DARLING.


And here's Tamara, her sister. OHMYGOSH I love her so much. She's like a crochet GENIUS. I want to spend a week working with her because 1. she's a blast and 2. she's like the coolest person around and 3. she crochets on everything and I want to be just like her. Tamara seriously. I could weep over the stinken doilies. So is she the cutest? Holding her baby crochet book?


Look at that. Its so everything I love color wise. And darling. I want a little vignette like that where I can sit each day drinking coffee and just sigh over it. Again, my pictures just are pitiful and don't capture the whole loveliness of it.

Look at that button card? Don't you want a darling button card with sweet crochet around it? I mean really how can you not? I seriously, and not to sound like a freaky broken record, but seriously I could cry over how cute it is. So I bought myself a vintage button card and asked (beg pleaded) for her to do one for me.


And because she's the sweetest thing EVER she did. Look at that. Seriously. And she gave me a copy of the book she's a featured artist in.. Learn to Crochet in Just One Day.. she gave it to me. And signed it. Because she's 4. the sweetest thing ever!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam-
That WAS one of the cutest booths at Market. And you can repeat again and again because Tammy was THE SWEETEST THING EVER! I took her crochet class and it was fun making itty bitty circles to embellish with!Wasn't her leather purse awssome? I have to try that!
Kim J

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is such a beautiful booth! And the crochet button cards?! Get out! What a fabulous, sweet idea! Oh, you are so lucky to have met her, coerced her into crocheting a card for you, and getting a signed crochet book out of her! She sounds like a doll...

Wow.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey thanks, Pam! Just the way I want to start the day. By doing some heavy-duty weeping myself. Because yeah. So much to cry over in that booth! Can't stop thinking about the baby jacket pattern...and the new fabric...and how I don't even know which end of a crochet hook you're supposed to hold.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

My grandmothers used to crochet just like that! Not big old granny squares (although they could do those too if they wanted!), but delicate teeny tiny crocheting on handkerchiefs and dolies and pillow "slips" (as they called them). I had a great opportunity to learn how to do it, and I never did. I'll tell you what Pam, if you give it a try, so will I! Must get Tamara's book right away.

8:07 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Whoever would have thought to crochet on vintage button cards? Amazing. And so cute.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Oh! My! That button card is too cute. Did she have lots of fun baby stuff like receiving blankets, etc, with crochet around them? It makes such fun baby gifts. And there must be some filet crochet karma going on today -- Moonstitches posted about it too!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a savvy idea to crochet the button packaging! You met so many amazing women on this trip!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

So, you can never use those buttons now can you?

Jesus Pam, would you stop making me want to crochet?

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were able to walk away from her booth! I would plant myself in her booth. MUST. SEE. HER. FABRICS. If it's making you weep (PKM Weep Worthy)... I know I'm gonna love it.

Effing blogger... won't let me post! Try #7... try #12...

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gramma used to crochet(in her sleep, I think) and made tons of wonderful stuff...but did I learn..nope! This reminds me of her! The fabric should be memorable, can't wait to see it, too.

12:42 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Man, looking at all the posts makes me feel like I died and went to Heaven!! All the quilts, patterns, fabric, yarn, ANGELS!! Wowweee!!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we're trying...It's really not finished yet! But I did send you an e-mail...

Ashley

5:42 PM  
Blogger Vallen said...

Very, very cute and you didn't lose the use of the buttons. Me? I would put a pin on the back and wear the whole thing as a brooch. You would be the envy of everyone!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Debby said...

Thanks for all the pictures. I agree with all said.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older