Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy May Day



What's a May Day with out a pretty flower, first of this rose for the season. All my other roses look a little toasty around the edges after this weekends tiny heatwave.




My rows are all sewn and I'm dropping it off at the shop later today. I am so pleased with how it turned out. It was a fun thing to make. I'm sure that I could have cut larger blocks, I should have spent a little time working on that. If I make this again, I will. Cutting them from a large to a small size and still getting the two corner pieces to show was the real challenge. But the technique was fun and I would recommend it.

Tomorrow morning super duper early Elizabeth and I are off to market. We'll be watching for those fun Elk Grove ladies on the road... they were in the shop yesterday and they are a lot of fun. Drive carefully!

We hope to be posting during market if we have the energy at the end of the day. But if not, you can count on my report when we return home next week.

11 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

I hope that you & Elizabeth have a real safe trip. . . Come look for us. . . Anne (Bunny Hill) & I are just down the row from each other. . . (I'm in 1107). We will see you there!
(It's almost a relief at this point!)
- Bren

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and E have a great and safe trip! You two will be so missed and can't wait to read of your adventures!

Don't forget your coffee maker!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Happy May Day to you!
Love the flower photo.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at the Market!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Have a great week at Market, I hope Elizabeth's booth gets tons of action and you both have a lot of fun.

That rose is gorgeous!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Love the quilt. Is it an original pattern?

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the rose and the quilt, really looks fab. Have fun @market and a safe trip. Look forward to your "reports"!!!!!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention in your blog. We will keep on the lookout for your vehicle. And we'll see you at market. We had a great time at your shop yesterday!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your quilt is amazing! And that rose is stunning--I love that color.

Happy May Day!! :D

9:33 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Ooo, have a great road trip! Be careful. Don't talk to strangers and be sure to wear clean underwear. tee hee :)

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. What a lucky girl you must have felt like to play with all these fabulous fabrics! I'd be smilin' the whole time I was sewin'! FAB work, Pam. Really!!!!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older