Monday, February 05, 2007

Working with the Public

I think it was last week that I mentioned the thing I really like about working at the shop is the people. Some of you kind of doubted that, being you've met the public and all. But still. I really do like the customers.

Like this customer. Linda Souza is super nice and always cheerful. And not in the way that makes you sick either. She was a customer at the first store I worked at as well, so I've known her for a long time. Linda is retired now, and sews all the time. What's not to love about that? Linda is the first person to come in and say Hey I read your blog!!! I think maybe other people read my blog and just don't mention it. Or maybe I do have a big head and its just Linda and Chickie? I don't know, you be the judge.

So anyway...
Linda brought in a quilt that she'd made from a kit we sold at the shop. It turned out amazing! I asked her if she wanted to be on my blog and what do you know, being a good sport she agreed.

This is the photo that she'd probably like the most, being all serious and happy about how amazing this quilt turned out.


But this is the photo that cracked me up. Linda, you crack me up.


Here's a nice close up. It was kind of busy today, so I didn't have time to really capture all the lovely bits of this quilt. Or the darling label. Just had time to hang it and snap off a couple of shots.



This quilt is from the book Sweet Summer by Blackbird Designs and it was pieced and appliqued by Linda, and machine quilted by Cindy Young.

Thanks for sharing with my friends Linda. You do lovely work.

11 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

That is some amazing work! I like the thumbs up picture best!

I totally believe you enjoy working with customers. That's what I love about having my shop too. Sure there are people who come in and are rude, or clueless. But most of the time people are really fun to chat with.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo whoo Linda! You're a star now! Beautiful quilt. I love it!

I spent 8 years in retail and what I loved most about my job was the customers. Oh every now and then you'd get THAT ONE customer, but when you assign them secret nicknames it just makes it so much easier!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

That quilt is gorgeous!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quilt is sooo cute! I love it. I have that book, let's see when did I get it? Oh yes, PKM gave it to me for my last birthday! I love every design they do. Love your work Linda : )

11:46 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

holy crap, that quilt is awesome.

and cindy young sounds familiar too. why is that?

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work Linda! And you really are terrific too, and I should know because I've known you for 52 years!

Bev

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo Whoo--you are all just too kind. Pam always brightens my day whenever I'm out spending my retirement check at either Inbetween Stiches or at Ross! Thanks again,Linda

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the quilt, Linda, great job. Being retired is like being in heaven w/o the dirt thing!! Can do (sew)what you want, when you want( to sew)...Yahoo, for retirement.
Great pix, PMK..really shows her great personality.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous quilt!! Linda did an amazing job on it as did Cindy...
LOVE Blackbird's stuff...
And considering how many customers deliberately come in on YOUR days, they love you as much as you love them!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Cute! I love it!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

This is a sweet and pretty quilt. I think it would be so hard to work in a shop where there is so much inspiration.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older