Sunday, January 28, 2007

Take and Make

Last week we had a bunch of the new Amy Butler fabric in the shop. This pile of light blue and grey really caught my eye. I grabbed up a few pieces to make something new, I figured a purse.

That pile turned into this. I think it's cute enough. But it seems kind of dull really. Like there's no spark to it. Maybe its the surroundings. That yellow lemonade pot is so bright and cheery. And probably caked in a coating of dust. BUT DON'T TELL ME IF IT IS. I have enough dusting still left to do. Man, now I know why I don't like dusting.



Speaking of dusting, last night Bret and I were out running some errands and this little girl came up to me shyly and offered a business card. I could see her parents around the corner waiting for her. Grand Opening, Cleaning Service. I must look like I need help.

11 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

I love those fabrics and that bag! By chance are you working on Tuesday? My kiddos are visiting their grandma in your neck of the woods and I might happen to be in the shop...It would be fun to say hi in person and spend money I shouldn't! ;)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

The problem is your house. Your DARLING purse would photograph MUSH better at my house. Send it any time, k.

I want to see the BEAUTIFUL quilts that are barely peeking in the photo! They look like they have my name written all over them!

I'm cleaning too. Hate dust. Hate it. I just outed my mess on my blog.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

OMG... one of us pissed blogger off! My word verification word was "dutsf"

4:33 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

MUCH better not MUSH better. Damn blogger not having an edit function.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I see the little cherry up on top by http - cute~! You are a clever cleaver. And about the purse, I really think it is cute. Love the style & love Amy's fabrics. You are just a bright cherry fabric girl so anything else seems dull. Before you know it you will be putting hand made buttons on your purses from our button making class with Connie.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that bag! How great for spring!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Another bag? LOVE IT, btw...not as much as the bag you made me, but still it's mighty awesome.
AND YOU'RE TAKING A BUTTON CLASS???
You stinker.
And of course you get cleaners handing you business cards. You live on the more fashionable side of town.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I think I folded the quilts in that picture yesterday....

10:35 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

I agree, terrible purse. I insist you mail it to me immediately so that I may wear, uh I mean dispose of it properly. And send that yellow container too! ;)

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that fabric.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

That fabric is pretty luscious.

Have a great time with your cousin! I can't wait to hear all about the visit.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older