Monday, January 29, 2007

My Big Head Revisited

Its always fun to head into the shop for work on Monday. There could be plenty of new things from the time I left on Wednesday and today was no exception. More Amy Butler, so I'm thinking next week I'll be picking up some more fabric to make something. Maybe something clothing related.
The real fun for the day was when Chickie and Sandra came in the shop. Chickie and Sandra have been cutting fabric for me at Thimblecreek for years, so it was nice to return the favor. They were on the way to the Japanese bookstore, so it sounds like they were having a very fun day. Chickie and Sandra have always been so friendly and nice up at Thimblecreek and they make it a pleasure to shop there. I haven't been to their new location, but I think Chickie works on Tuesdays, which is my field trip day, so she'll be seeing my big head again soon.
At the end of my day Lisa Quan came in. I just love Lisa, not only so very clever and talented, but so warm and generous. I just can't say enough nice things about Lisa. You just feel good when you've seen her. I've missed her so it was a delightful end to my working day.
Of course we had a lot of regular customers in, it was a busy day. As much as I love fabric, the people really make working in a store fun.
Tomorrow is my last ditch effort to pick up and get whatever I need for my visitors. I am so excited to see my cousin! I may be taking a little break from posting because I think we'll be having so much fun yakking and drinking coffee and driving around I won't have time.
Have a great week!!!


7 Comments:

Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

What's so great about Valentine's day? All the hearts and pink and red fabrics! :) Oh, and the candy, can't forget the candy! :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh dear...does this mean no EMAILING??? Gasp!! Still, I hope you and Linda have tons of fun.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have tons of fun with your cousin! I'll try to survive without your emails : ) Darling Valentines Day display at the shop.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun! I didn't make it over to the shop today-feeling sick AGAIN, so we met halfway to make the kid exchange. Eventually we will all be germ free and I can get back to my regularly scheduled life.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be missed! Maybe Elizabeth, VCQ and I should enter a PKM Anonymous while we try to cope without our emails from you.

Have a great time and don't worry about us being PKM-less. We'll be ok, really. ["We'll be ok"... repeat 3 times, be strong, shoulders up, head high, blow nose, wipe tears, repeat 3 more times... "We'll be ok, we'll be ok, we'll be ok]

4:48 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

That is pretty luscious fabric.

Is that a picture of your own shelf at home or of the store (the top picture)? Wow. That's all I have to say about it.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Omar Cruz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older