Saturday, February 17, 2007

China Lilies



My mom has always loved these little China Lilies, they have same type of fragrance as the Paperwhites and they really can 'smell up the house' as some might say. I have a ton in my back yard now. My mom buys bulbs or plants in bloom and then they never repeat for her, so she gives them to me. I don't know what it is about me, or my backyard, but I just jam them in the ground and they grow. And bloom like crazy. It pisses her off, just a little.

The weather was positively delightful yesterday. Frankie and I went to San Francisco to the Gift Fair.(thanks for letting us use the passes Melissa) We had the nicest day, shopping, lunching and just enjoying the weather. But it looks like rain is upon us next week.

I'm leaving the windows open until then! Happy Sunday Buttercups!


7 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

The flowers are SO pretty! No doubt every bulb grows when you put them into the ground because you put the ole "PAM JAM" into the jam!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow. What lovely pics! If they smell like Paperwhites I can't have any...unless I want to keep hearing "Hey MOM! I think the cat peed in the house again!"
Which I don't.
But are they ever pretty...

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like spring at your house. I love your little flowers. I have a few bulbs just popping their heads up this week as well. Have a fun day at work tomorrow!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posts like this make me yearn for your state. I love CA so very much, both southern and northern. In fact we may be getting married in Yosemite next summer. You MUST stop by if we do.

Cherry xxx

3:42 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

The flowers are darling. I love bulby flowers. I had some little crocuses popping their little heads up, then it got REALLY cold (negative degrees). They're dead now. Darn it. I'm looking forward to my first spring in WI. Summer & fall aren't all that great, but we have snow for winter, which I love!! :) I want to see what happens in spring, I hope we have lots of flowers in our yard, otherwise, I'll be planting bulbs for next year. :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Those are the sunniest prettiest flowers! I love spring bulbs.

I'm glad you had such a good day at the gift show.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'm waiting for the daffodils in our field to open--they've started to bud so it should be soon! I love this time of year because we can pick buckets of daffodils and have them all over the house. Yay spring!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older