Friday, September 29, 2006

Prickle Me This.

My cherries are completed, and they're cute, well, cute enough. Prickling isn't going to be my next big hobby. I'm not saying it wasn't fun, it just wasn't, well, fun enough.




But when it comes to fun, I found finishing the picot edge on this purse fun and satisfying! Harder to watch TV when you have to count stuff and pay attention, so I really missed a lot of CSI last night. But still, I love love LOVE that picot edge. I don't know that I see myself as a knitter, you know, hardcore knitter, but maybe more like the occasional knitter.




This is really more my thing. And maybe not just quilting, but sewing in general. While I keep exploring new things, I always come back to my sewing machine.


Later.. Here's the second attempt at the cherries. I think these are cuter, smaller, more compact. I might add a bow for interest. Still not my favorite thing ever, and when the instructions say sharp, they really mean it.




Still, they are cute...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cherries! So cute! So, you can do 3-d stuff with that clover tool? I'm going to have to get me one! I sometimes put needlefelted berries on the pincushions and stuff. How fabulous is your bag?? I love the picot edge! Don't know if I could do it, but love it just the same. Pretty quilt too! and your Scotty looks mighty pleased with his cherry pin!!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cherries are CUTE!! The bag is fabulous and the quilt, too.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I've never tried prickling. Can't say I even know what it is. Hmm... The cherries are adorable!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scottie dog sure does wear those cherries well!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cherries are really cute! And so YOU!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the cherries. And the picot edge. I'd love a picot edge on something. Love the quilt blocks! You do such I great job with so many things--makes me feel really one dimensional!

3:21 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

The cherries are ADORABLE!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I really am a sucker for the cherries. Felting can be really dangerous and I'm not sure I'm ready to shed blood so soon after my last attempts (over eight months ago!), but if I did, it would be for these cherries.

I really like the red and white quilt too. That's the one you've been working on, right? I like how it's turning out. I love red and white together.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older