Saturday, September 23, 2006

Swoon

They say you can't buy happiness but I have to disagree. This is my favorite thread EVER. Imagine my delight at the size of this spool. If you ever have a chance to try this thread, I'd say do it. Just knowing this thread was in a bag waiting for me at the end of the day kept me going. Show day remember, and it was HOT in the store. I could not cool off for the life of me.
My luck didn't end with the spool of thread, I was able to leave a little bit early and take in the show, which was wonderful. While still warm out, there was a breeze and in the shade of the giant oaks it was very pleasant. I'll have photos soon of some of the quilts later. But the thread.. be still my heart.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad I won't make it out to Alden Lane this year. John is FINALLY coming home today. Maybe next year - it's always so beautiful!

Is that pieceing thread or quilting thread? I have not seen it before. I'll have to give it a try. Enjoy your Sunday!

8:18 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

I've never seen that thread before. Hmmm...

9:59 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

This thread is amazing. It comes in normal sized spools.. not like you'd see this gargantuan sized everywhere. Its great piecing thread and the normal sized spool is a little pricier than your average spool of thread but it holds more thread and also is a nicer quality, less lint etc. Also when you press your pieced units you're more accurate as the thread doesn't take up so much room. If that make sense!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex has her own thread now? Way to go Alex. I'll have to try some. What is the thread weight?

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, looks like 50 but I need my bifocals.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older