Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Not that old thing!

Yes I am still working on that red and white quilt. I'm caught up on samples and other pieced projects so I figured I'd get back to this. I really did love the inspiration for it, which was a quilt in a home dec book. I just saw a bit of the quilt in a photo and decided I needed to make my own version of it. The blocks are nearly done, and then its all about deciding on posts and sashing.
One thing that's hard about working in a quilt shop is that you're constantly being bombarded with darling new things. New patterns, new fabric, new books, new ideas, other people's projects.. you name it. Monday I go in and see something new, buy all the bits and pieces and then Wednesday I go back, with half a project on the table and see something new that's inspirational and I want to make that. After the 15 or so years of working in quilt shops I've pretty much got myself in control (like I said pretty much) but sometimes things get the better of me. This week though, I'm trying to make myself just work on this project and get the blocks completed. I even cleared off (which really means shoved stuff around) my cutting table to get ready for cutting the sashing strips.
I'll let you know how it goes! Have a happy day my friends!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to see that one all finished. It's gonna be AWESOME.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it either. Love the red & white & dots of course!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Niki Fretwell said...

Good luck with it!- it will be great to see it finished!
I love red and white- so fresh and cheerful.
Have fun!

12:44 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

That red and white quilt is so cute, especially with all the itty bitty pieces.

(And ice makers totally ROCK!)

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! i'm now working a couple of days a week in my local yarn store and dang if i haven't had one day of coming home without buying something! LOL!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older