Monday, October 07, 2019

Out and about.


Hi there friends, how are you?  I hope you're having a crisp fall morning, over here in PamKittyVille we're expecting a day in the 90s..and I'm not a fan.  But lets not start off the week with my complaints! (although  seriously, it's October for pete's sake)
 
I suppose you all already know I've traveled to Utah again to visit Nanette.  We had a great week sewing and going out and about. The weather was so lovely, cold and frosty in the morning and sunny and nice all day.  The drive was nice, I enjoy it, there was a dusting of snow on the mountains along the way there, and on the way home there was serious snow down to the lower elevations, but nothing close to the road. 
 
Utah
 
Nanette's daughter Jaime is a big fan of Gritty.  I whipped out one of Ayumi's lunch bags using it and Frankie customized a Pyrex dish for me with her Cricut.  It's fun making things for people don't you think? Ayumi's pattern is so easy and it's the perfect size for some of the cute retro styled storage dishes available. It makes for a fun gift. (fits the 4 or 7 cup size Pyrex!)

gritty1

One of the things I worked on was the ghost blocks from Margot's Boo! Pattern.  After my first ghost it was smooth sailing. 

BOO!

My little ghostly points don't match up always on the sides but honestly I don't care.  Well face it,I care a little bit but it's not ruining the project for me. 

Boo!
 
Everything is cut out, I just pull out a ghosts worth of pieces and work on them one at time.  I'm enjoying working with the solid colors. Candy ghosts!
 
Things are getting back to normal around here.  Slowly, and I mean really slowly, we're putting things back in order after all our renovation projects.  The bathroom is so nice I really want to put it in a vault but that's impractical.  
 
What's up in your neck of the woods?  I hope you're knee deep in pumpkins, fall leaves and cool breezes! xop

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami Von Zalez said...

90 degrees forecast for today in Northern California (perhaps we are neighbors?). Lots of fun fall events this time of year.

9:22 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Your ghosts are practically perfect in every way. Sew glad you and Nanette had fun.
We finished a bathroom renovation too and it feels sew good to be finished. Then we redid our pantry. Whew!! Finally all done for the holidays.
Love and Hugs
donna

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older