Friday, June 15, 2018

Friyay!

Morning... or is it afternoon in your world!  It was so great catching up with you earlier this week.  I loved your comments, Chris knows I always think of her when it comes to complaining about weather! Little Quiltsong  is working away in her garden and sewing up projects like crazy, Annelies is back in Tennessee so probably living it up but missing sewing just a bit.  And it's always nice to catch up with Suzanne. She's started a new blog and you should check it out. Coffee with friends, that's always how I have though about this blog. 
 
Of course most of you probably knew I'd be making another strawberry with a ribbon ASAP!  I couldn't help myself.  It's tempting to make a whole series of fruit coasters, lemons would be so cute.  I can see Suzanne making them and tying them onto gifts of coordinating beverages.  I also felt like you could increase the size for a cute potholder. 


strawberrystem
 
I was on a happy sewing day so I pulled out my slotted trimmer and got to busy on half square triangles.  I'm not the best piecer when it comes to triangles and this set of slotted trimmers really helps me out.  

trimmer2
 
The Moda Blockheads 2 sew along started, they're on week 2 already.  The piles of orphan blocks around here is huge but I couldn't resist the Me and My Sister's post about their block.  It looked quick and fun, and it was!

blockhead2
 
I wasn't sure I'd even consider making more blocks, but then I was so happy sewing I had to make the first block.  A bit more of a challenge.  Not the best matching when it came to those green units and the squares they butt up to but I'm cool with it.  There are so many great quilts out there, check out the hashtag here.

blockhead1
 
Sewing is my happy place, and I am looking forward to getting back at it.  I don't mind sewing for the sheer fun of it, if I don't make another block or use these blocks I'm ok with it, they've already done their job. No matter how long I step away from the sewing  I always find my way back.
 
Happy weekend friends! I hope you're in a happy place!  I'm off on an adventure next week, so I'll catch up with you later! xop
 
 

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim Brackett said...

Such cute things you've been working on! I love your attitude about sewing for fun. Sometimes you've just gotta play. šŸ˜˜

7:24 PM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Oh my.....I feel like a rock star when you mentioned me on your blog!!!! Yes, I am missing my sewing, but there are TWO quilt shops in town. But all of my time has been vintage hunting. As I came to the car with a few more treasures yesterday, Jim just shook his head and said ā€œeither you have an illness, or you have lost your mindā€!!!!! Now I have to prove I can get all of this in the car for the trip home in a week šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³. Sending kisses to yaā€™ll ( and yes they really do say that here in Tennessee) XXX

7:27 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I too felt honoured that you mentioned me in your blog! I came onto the blogging scene when many were stopping - and I miss the regular 'catch-ups' that first belonged in each. I loved the sharing along with the quilting inspiration and motivation I received. That was the biggest part of my finally starting an instagram account - where everyone seemed to be headed. I just wanted to give back a little of what I had been receiving. Your fabrics, Pam, is what started me to keep separate baskets for many lines - not intermixing them till they were almost gone. And your coffee pics always brightened my day. Yes, coffee with friends - and sewing - our happy place where we can do a lot, or just a little, starting and stopping at our leisure. Enjoy your week of adventure :)!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

This post makes me so happy that I could cry. Not because you were so gracious to mention me but because I can feel from your words that youā€™re back. Having seen grief through my customers and experiencing it myself I know that creativity is often affected when one is ill or grieving. I always told my customers (and myself) that we know when we are beginning to heal when we start thinking creatively again.

We all love you Pam. Itā€™s good having coffee with you this morning - just like old times.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Our husbands could sure share stories, but after all these years they know they arenā€™t going to change us. OX

6:59 AM  
Blogger JeffreyThompso said...

So, the ideal solution is to purchase real active Instagram followers. instaexpansion.com has more information on the Insta Expansion - Instagram Growth Made Easy.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older