Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday

Happy Friday people! Do you have any big weekend plans? I have a sew day with The Debbies on Saturday. I don't know that I'll actually get any sewing done, but I'll enjoy a nice visit with them.



I finished my little hexie test yesterday. I think the idea is good, but my execution is poor. I'm using the method that I talk about here, for the Hickory Nut block.



Last time I used the invisible machine applique technique, but this time I just top stitched the blocks. Not as nice a technique in my mind, but it's personal preference. I like the look of hand sewing and using my machine to accomplish that.



You can see that all my blocks are not quite the same. I think if I were to try this again, I would not only mark the center, but also measure around smaller unit to insure it really is in the center, then take good care in folding those edges in.

I decided to use the feather stitch to connect the blocks. I think that there are probably better settings, and I'll look into those. Or figure something else out, should I make this again. I like the little mat though, and I think that it will go nicely on the table next to my chair.

So that's it for me! Hope you all have a splendid weekend! xo

9 Comments:

Blogger Vickie E said...

I think it's fab.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I think your sewing is purrfect. Seriously. Your skills are amazing!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

It looks great. Especially with a coffee mug sitting on top of it.

Have a fun time tomorrow--sewing or no sewing.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Too flipping freaking cute! And the much on it… makes me want to scream it's so cute.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Nedra said...

I absolutely love the Hickory Nut look of the hexies. On my to-do list for sure! They look so cute in your reds.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Thank you so much for this post. I have been trying to figure this out myself and have made a purse out of these little hexagon thingys. Your post was quite helpful. Thanks

12:36 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love it. Your sewing looks very good to me. Have a great day.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Soooooo cute! Love that RED.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous tijerasycuchara said...

I like your works, they are beautiful.

Congratulations

have a good day

Josefina

tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older