Thursday, August 04, 2011

The one with the crappy photo!

I know, everything about this photo is bad, including the fact that this is the only block I have done. I will say though, I have a good excuse.


OH! You want the excuse. Well yesterday for the first time in ages I met up with Elizabeth!!! We had a great day out, lunch at Chevy's then a bit of shopping in Walnut Creek. Great fun and a good catch up, we haven't actually gotten together in what seems like months..so happy day for me.

I'm using my phone to check block placement here, the way these bowties are set you need to have the the blocks going in the right direction for the alternating snowballs to work out. Glad that I actually thought ahead instead of just plowing through and then realizing it. Like I normally would.

Lately I'm really enjoying watching other people sew. Those stinken Farmer's Wife blocks are still killing me.. the small blocks are wonderful but holy cow the photography and the fabric selections are what really gets me. See what Lori, Camille, Kristyne, Sherri and Amy have done. By no means are they the only people that I follow doing it... just who I'm thinking off off the top of my head.

That's about it here. What about with you?

10 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

You've got me chuckling over the thinking ahead vs. plowing through sewing methods. I'm so impressed you were double checking all the way through. :)

And I know what you mean about those pictures of the Farmer's Wife blocks. Some really great photos out there.

Have a wonderful day.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

That Lori snagged me in, and I finally started The Farmer's Wife yesterday. She's been e-mailing me, and of course those tutorials make it so easy!

8:01 AM  
Blogger ferne said...

I am torn between doing the Farmer's Wife and Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts. Both have 6 inch blocks and there are only a few duplicates so I am thinking of doing some of both! We'll see how that works out. Yes, all those other bloggers are reeling me in with their amazing fabric choices and I think samplers are a great way to learn and you aren't committed to a whole quilt in one or two blocks.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Kristyne said...

High praise, indeed! You just made my day. :)

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

well I hate to sound like a crazy fan, but I was sooo excited to see that you like MY blocks! woohoo! It's only because I am so madly in love with your work and I'm simply dying to get my hands on PKM... that whole line is so right up my alley. Just the prettiest stuff... congratulations! xo amy

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and Elizabeth are still friends. I was afraid you'd had a break up.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous pat sloan said...

Phone photos ROCK for quilting.. a must have too!!

I have not made a FW block for a few weeks and having withdraw... I think I have 10 done.. it will be another 2 weeks before I have a chance.. something about working on a book... my cruise project... stuff for market... mmmmm.

I need a PamKittyMorning of my own! Think Alex will mind?

10:31 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

I've never made that block (yet) but don't you just turn it around if you want it to be on the other side?? I have a quilt in mind for those blocks but now do I have to rethink it all?? Huh.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Farmer's Wife is killing me too. I thought about having a sew day at Syd's with everyone doing Farmer's Wife. Wouldn't that be so fun.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Oh...I love Nanette's idea...can we all just to to Syd's and make Farmer's Wife Blocks...how fun would that be?!!!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older