Monday, August 01, 2011

Monday

Well summer is slipping away fast isn't it? August 1st!! I can't believe it. This weekend was warm but not too warm. Bret has had Friday's off now and again, and we're enjoying long leisurely weekends. Sadly a little too leisurely as we're getting nothing done. I guess it doesn't have to be all about achievement does it?



Inspired by a quilt found via Pinterest, I'm amassing a little pile for a pillow. Just for something fun to pick up. One thing I learned a long time ago from my friend Joyce, if you have a little pile of things to sew, you can make good use of those odd ten minutes here and there.

What did you guys do? Something fun?

7 Comments:

Blogger luckymom said...

I actually got some sewing done this weekend. Too hot for anything else. I made my grandbaby and sundress and a diaper cover to go with it.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Glad we are not alone... our week long vacation has amounted to us mastering *getting nothing done!*. Not our proudest accomplishment, but a luxury I will recall wistfully on busier days. Cheers!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Being the QUEEN of PROCRASTINATION with my delusions of grandeur about how much I plan to get done with my free time, I find the more time I have the more I'll piddle around ! Then I'm STRESSED !!! (anyhow, I did manage to focus a little on Kid #2's graduation quilt - yes, he already graduated a month and a half ago .... :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger tina said...

I had a long, leisurely weekend as well. Okay, punctuated by a bit of family drama but I'm becoming better at selectively ignoring! :) Have a fabulous week!!!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Cute little pile you have going there.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Three months til Houston...no pressure...working day and night why do I love this sook much? Can't wait to see what will develop from that sweet little pile o fabbies.
Pat

4:55 AM  
Blogger Ineke Original said...

Just WOW!!
Greetings from Holand!
with love,
Ineke

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older