Monday, January 22, 2007

Big Head Blogger

Well my friends, it's been that kind of day. Yup, Big Head day. I was at work and it was nearly first thing after we opened. Phone rings. "Good Morning In Between Stitches this is Pam can I help you?".. and someone asked
"Is this PamKittyMorning?"
Well lets just say I was SURPRISED. It was a rather well known lady who works at Thimblecreek calling. Yup it's you Chickie! Anyway she said a lot of very complimentary things about my blog and again let me say I was beyond flattered. I still cannot believe anyone reads this even occasionally.

On top of all the compliments, she said she told 'about 50 people' about my blog. Ok, maybe it was more like 5 or possibly 3 but still. It was an OMG moment and it's not like I'm saying it to suck up or anything.

After a fun day at work I came home and checked my email. I found some other famous people blogs, Anne Sutton from Bunny Hill Designs and Brenda from Acorn Quilt and Gift Company. I have met both of them before, and Brenda had the booth behind us at quilt market. I had left comments on their blogs and I had email from both of them.

I have to say I was feeling a bit smug. Famous people. Reading my blog. That's right, and lets not forget the email. Email to me my friends. And not that kind that goes to everyone! You gotta live it up when that kind of thing happens.

But just so you know the forces of nature are still at work keeping me real , I went to toast my good fortune with a cold Diet Caffeine Free Coke (because seriously, do you think I need the caffeine?) and a Dr. Pepper flew out of the fridge, fell on the floor and from the tiniest hole ever shot Dr. Pepper all over my nice still-feels-new-to-me fridge, all over the kitchen, under the fridge, onto the walls and cabinets and into the living room as it spun around like some kind of amazing fireworks. Sticky, sweet fireworks. At high pressure. Tiny hole. Wow. Back to normal in just an instant.
Still, life is good, isn't it?
In the meantime, I just want to send out my thanks to everyone who reads my blog. I really appreciate that you take the time to come by and comment or even not comment. And to all of you with blogs where you share your thoughts, your daily life and and your creativity, thank you for showing me new ways to think about things, make things and inspiring me to grow.
Now I need to get back to work.

15 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I love this post. I was smiling and feeling your PKM joy all the way up here! What a fun day (sans the soda incident!)!

Speaking of Quilt Market. Spring Market... when it's in Portland... I'll be there. Will you? OMG we so have to have a Bloggypalooza here!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

LOL, this post made me chuckle. I am the same way when a "big blogger" leaves a comment on my lil 'ole blog. Sucky about the soda though. My stupid fridge likes to drop the bars on the door that keep the salad dressings contained. Not pretty, let me tell you.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all love you PKM! And about the pepsi - E GADS!

Also thank your wonderful husband for suggesting Firefox. Thanks to him I am once again able to post photos : )

So whats up for today?

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just crack me up!! I love it! Congratulations on your famous readers!! I'll be Chickie did tell 50 people - she knows everyone and always has great info to share! I feel the same way when someone well-known e-mails or leaves a comment. Yikes about the Dr. Pepper! Nothing keeps you real like being on your hands and knees cleaning up sticky drinks (with 3 sick kids at home, I've been cleaning up my share of orange juice spills). Happy Tuesday!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that makes you practically famous, no? Big CFDC drinkers here (as hubby likes to call it)

11:58 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

internet rock star!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I'm not famous at all but I love your blog.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! that is so cute, but I would feel exactly the same way. EXACTLY.

Nothin' like exploding pepsi to keep it real, huh?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey, my day is not complete without a dose of PKM, not to mention an email or two, or ten...

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are soo funny...alto the sticky stuff is ucks...you crack my up.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Nette said...

Sounds like your day was pretty good!
I really love your blog too, I visit you almost every day!
Great inspiration and good reading!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Whoah! When the heck is the Portland Quilt market? I want to go if you and Happy Zombie are going!

Just remember me when you're big time.

I love reading your blog. All those vacations you took recently made my days just a little bit empty without my PKM fix.

(oh, and just in case you were worried, I am NOT sucking up to you just because you're practically famous yourself!)

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That means I'm famous too by default. I want baked chicken for dinner on Thursday.
XO

6:10 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

What a feel good day! I think you're famous ~ my goodness, do you know how many sidebars your listed in?? Just like ALL of them!! Silly girl...
So sorry about the dr. pepper, what a sticky drag. I would have said a few choice words not meant for publication...
Happy day!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Holy crap that is a Dr. Pepper bomb! One time my husband was filling up the air in his bike tire in the dining room. Just as I started to say, "Maybe you should take that outside" BAM the tire exploded and sticky white innards flew everywhere. Under chairs, on the ceiling, tire gism everywhere. So gross.

And of course those famous folks think you are wonderful! We knew it all along!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older