Friday, March 07, 2014

Shamrock Season

YAY! It's Shamrock Season.  I don't know why but I love these plants so much and watch for their arrival at the market starting the end of February. It's a short season and they come and go fast. I treated myself to two this year.  Sometimes I can get them to live a full year, the plants from last year petered out a couple of weeks ago.  I put the 'remains' out in the garden just in case the pips are dormant. Unlikely though.

shamrock season
 
Any big weekend plans? Just the usual here. Hope you have a good one. xop

6 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

My husband has managed to keep last years alive all year. When I get home on Sunday I will try and remember to pop a photo up on Instagram. Have a great weekend Pam.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

That is a cute little plant. I can never get store plants to stay alive for very long. Have a great weekend, just some sewing and house work for me, maybe a little shopping too!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I bought my shamrocks the other day as well. A green one and a purple one. I need to see if I have some milk glass to put them in. Darling!!! I love St. Patrick's Day!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

I too love them! I have a milk glass container that my grandmother used to put a violet in each year. I think I'll go find it and put a shamrock in it! Great idea :) Have a happy weekend PKM! xo Pam in Chico

1:09 PM  
Blogger Darice said...

Me too! I have had a purple one and a yellow green one. Last summer I bought a green leave with pink flowers. They really do well in a semi- shady protected spot outside in the summer. I have to bring them inside during our winter (think basement with lights survival) because my cats will eat them!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have had the same shamrock plant for 30 years…30. It has died out a couple of times when we traveled, but I water it and it keeps sending new shoots. They need water about every 5 days. Can't stand to throw plants out. :)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older