Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday

Good morning! As it turned out yesterday, I ended up staying home.  Holly had a friend coming over to help her unpack and you know me, I'm a huge distraction, a bad influence! So come Thursday morning I'll head back over there to get back to work. 

swap block
Back at the ranch here, I managed to get a few things done, including my cute block for the Sew Sweet Block Exchange.  Clara asked for a log cabin in blue and low volume whites.  Coincidentally,  at our sewing day Saturday, Alex was talking about a Skype chat with Cheryl Arkinson that you can listen to here. (part 1)  She shared a bit about her (part 2) discussion on low volume fabrics that I'm anxious to listen to. I'm very interested to hear more, as the terminology evolves with new people and new perspectives. I'm really curious about how a low volume relates to other terminologies.  Whatever you call them, I like them!
What's on your agenda today people?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your block, lucky lady who is getting that!

Mary

5:46 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

I am interested too, it is so fun to learn new things. Very, very pretty block by the way!! Love it!!!!!
Also, are you a bad influence or just a lot of fun!!?? (I think maybe fun)!

6:36 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I'm making a "banner". I got a video from Riley Blake on how to and so I ordered the panel. I'll post a picture on instagram when I finish it.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your cheerful positive attitude. No wonderr so many people like you, you seem like a lot of fun. Maybe some trouble too, but mostly fun.

8:11 AM  
Blogger dream quilt create said...

Your fabric selections for the block are beautiful! I'm interested in low volume quilt ideas, but haven't looked into it or experimented yet. I'm a huge fan of your fabric designs :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Stacey@ Cottage Stitches said...

such a lovely block! i'll be sewing and crocheting a million projects as usual ;)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Cute log cabin!! I am waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting) for the dryer to FINALLY be done so I can get my new fabric out and start on my scrappy Irish Chain project! It's going to have a pink background, and I can't wait. If only the background fabric would dry already!! ~Angela~

5:38 PM  
Anonymous vicki said...

O.k. tell us about the iron. I may be mistaken, but I don't think you've mentioned it. Is it pink? Can't tell on my Kindle. I may need to replace my spitting Rowenta...

6:03 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Oh my, that block is perfection!!!!

7:02 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Listened to the interview too last weekend, it was fun. I have started a whole new obsession with low volume fabrics so I am very interested in whatCheryl and Alex discuss. Alex's book on neutrals is one of my favorites so I imagine she has her own spin on this subject.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Katie B. (that's me) said...

Jan from Sew and Sow Farm sent me from the 5 Days x 5 Giveaways! Glad she did; now I'm a follower.

8:20 PM  
Blogger ptmemaw said...

Your log cabin block is adorable! Love it.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Berglind said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your log cabin block, what a great color outcome, I just want to touch it :)

Thanks for sharing the link to Alex's skype interview, I'm off to listen

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older