Wednesday, December 14, 2011

PamKitty Book Bag

Good morning! What's new in the outside world? Not much is new here in PKMville, just working on projects and enjoying some crime fighting tv! And coffee.. lots of delicious coffee to go with it. I've also been procrastinating, which you know, I excel at.

Way back when, I made a little PamKitty book bag. It's really just a generic tote bag, but I could imagine taking it to the library and filling it up with books like we did when we were kids. I was supposed to write some pattern instructions to go with it. Well we all know that I'm not a genius at that, so I put it off. And put it off some more. So today I'm finally getting it together and posting what has to be the lamest set of photos ever to go with the instructions.


First off you make the bag front. So far so good right? Then you cut a piece of backing the same size. Maybe you fuse some interfacing on both pieces, maybe you don't.


Then you sew around the sides and the bottom, leaving an opening to turn your bag. My scissors and seam ripper show the open seam. So far, really easy right?


Make the handles by folding your handle strip in half and pressing, then open and fold each long edge to the center, fold in half, then press. Top stitch each side then cut into two 20 inch handles.


Then pin them to the bag front, 3 inches from each side. But don't do as I do here in the photo, because wow, how did I miss that? SEAM RIPPER TIME!


Stuff your bag into your lining right sides together and match the side seams and handles placement and stitch all the way around the top.


Then pull it out through the open lining seam, press it, stitch the seam closed and you have yourself a PamKitty Book Bag.


But all that seems a little vague right? Just click on the bag icon and you can download a pdf with all the details. Now make some bags people!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Aww...Miss Kitty you're not lame. Simple is a good thing and your instructions are very clear. Great use of your panel. Good job Miss Kitty. Good job!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Cute! And easy enough to make up for gifts. Just in case people aren't finished with their lists. (Of course, we don't know anybody like that.)

6:43 AM  
Anonymous pat sloan said...

I LUVVVVVVVVVVVVV this kitty!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable bag, but I am going to use my PK blocks in a quilt for my granddaughters. I just LOVE these fabrics. Wish I could buy them all. Question! Are you drinking plain coffee or flavored? If flavored, what's your favorite?
Rita in CA

9:20 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Not lame, so not lame. The bag is darling. I took my kitty quilt to the quilter today along with the dreaded eyelash minkee. She grit her teeth when I sent it. But she took it. I can't wait to get it back. It will be sweet once it is done. It will be a great gift for Christmas for Allison.

Oh! And I LOVED going to the library as a kid. We had a library annex a mile from my house and I walked there all the time.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older