Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Back to Business

So was the weekend good for you guys? It was really good here. Lucky lucky me was invited to Pat's wonderful 4th of July Brunch again this year. It was a great time, great company, great food, great surroundings. Even the weather cooperated again this year and remained very pleasant till we all packed up and left. This year Pat has a lot to celebrate, as you can see she's holding her first little grandchild! Every table was decorated so cute with pictures of brunches past and lots of holiday goodness.

It was sunny out but Pat's neighbors have some wonderful shady trees. We were lucky enough to see some yellow swallowtail butterflies flitting about those drooping branches.



I had a bunch of indoor shots but you can tell by the blur in most of them I'm just too excited to concentrate. But this one of Pat's room is good, and all I can think of was how cool and comfortable it looked.


Thanks Pat, I had a great time! I hope you guys all had a great weekend. This week I am going to try some sewing. Seriously! xo


7 Comments:

Anonymous Sandy said...

Love the great July 4 decor, especially the quilts! We had a busy week & enjoyed a quiet 4th. It's about 90 degrees here in Gardnerville so not scorching Delta hot : )

9:26 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

What a wonderful brunch! Loving all the photos - looks so cool and refreshing and relaxing. Everything looks so pretty and festive - and love the neighbor's willow trees!

I'm curious about the thingamabob behind the hydrangeas. Is that to keep them cool?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

It looks like fun. She seems like the hostess with the mostest. I love the quilt on the bed. It is fantastic. And the baby looks sweet. I stayed in my nightgown and robe (with an apron over top) and sewed the entire day yesterday. No kidding. I didn't come out until 8:00 PM when my husband pretty much dragged me out pouting that I had not left the room. Half the day was spent working on my daughter's projects but that was ok. It was sewing.

fun stuff

2:37 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

My goodness, she is The Hostess with the Mostess!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

How much fun that all looks. It always amazes me how everyone in the US really gets into celebrating and decorating for every occasion. We really don't do things like that here in NZ, I think its about time we did as you guys always look like you have great times and the decorations look fabulous. Gosh we are really boring, thinking caps have to go on I think.
hugs Deb

6:38 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

It was a wonderful weekend for us...love the patriotic decor all over, don't you?

1:46 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow. I'm hoping next year you give me Pat's address so I can sneak over while you guys are eating. I see a few things I'd like to take home with me. I'm sure she'll never notice...

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older