Thursday, May 20, 2010

Honestly

I'm here in MN and I love it so much. What a great state. Yesterday I walked down to the convention center to see what was up. Everyone is slaving away under some pretty hot and humid conditions inside. Not good lighting for photos I'm afraid. So mostly I chatted with people I haven't seen for 6 months. And it was great. Even though we're in the middle of a busy city I saw this little fellow out in front of the convention center. The little hedge was quivering with unseen creatures.. but this is the only thing I saw.

Later I hooked up with Monica and we met up with Brenda, Nireko and the wonderful people from Lecien for dinner over on Nicollet Mall. Look at this wonderful pub. We ate at Masa and it was wonderful. Saw some famous quilty peeps there..and heard some others had been there as well, but I didn't know it.

Anyway as in the long tradition of things forgotten, I need to score a watch today. Of all my watches I chose the one without a battery. Dork. But crazy, Monica's watch also needs a battery, coincidence, you be the judge.

Back at it in a little while, guess I should get busy getting ready. See you later quilty peeps.xo

12 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Have fun for me! Looking forward to lots of photos.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Looking forward to lots of posts and photos Pam...just can't stand not being there...and it hasn't even really started yet!!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Minneapolis IS a fun place. You quilty chicks are gonna have a blast. I hope the time goes by slowly for you, but it will probably go by WAY TOO FAST. Can't wait to see pics when you are all home safely. :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I am so insanely jealous that I'm almost ashamed of myself.

As for the watches, I don't know. Every time I visit my BFF Susan in Chicago, the battery in whatever watch I am wearing goes dead. I blame her. I have a whole collection of watches from Chico's now.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Hey, my friend Rob is there with Michael Miller, showing his new Endangered Species quilts. He's the one I tried to show you off to at the Cotton Ball that day--his mom owns the store and he's the #1 go-to guy for me there. If you see him, please say hi for me.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Robyn - Coffee and Cotton said...

Maybe yours and Monica's electrifying energy was just too much for the watches to handle??
Keep the pictures coming. I are living Market vicariously thru you! Have a Guinness for me at that Pub and have lots of relaxing fun.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

My family is all from Minnesota but I haven't been there for a while. Your pictures make me homesick. enjoy the show, it should be fun! I am new to blogging and quilting and your blog is an inspiration. Thanks!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Marcia said...

Pam, what is the name of your quilt shop? Or do you just sell patterns. I can't seem to find it on your blog.
thanks

11:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So jealous. That is all.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Busy Little Quilter said...

Have a great time!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sue H said...

This week's weather has been amazing (I live just south of Minneapolis), and I hope the gorgeous weather continues. Wish I had a reason to be there! Sounds sooo fun...

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Lynne said...

Hi Pam!

Did you make the beautiful scarves with Bren Riddle's Lecien fabric? Are these available for purchase? I love them!

Thank you,
Lynne
lynne@jacobhomes.com

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older