Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunny

It was a gorgeous sunny weekend here. Achingly so, considering we're facing more and more AND MORE days of rain. Yes, it's true, we need the rain, and I'll suck it up, but man, the sunshine was wonderful. Now if only the snails that come with all the moisture were so cute.



My new crab apple tree went in the ground thanks to Bret. My faithful old apricot tree is on its last legs, so we planted this pretty flowering tree next to it, so when the apricot finally goes, I'll have a tree there still.



There was sewing too. Lots of tiny pieces last week turning into a quilt that hopefully will be heading to Diana for her special treatment. Thanks again to Holly for sending along some of her amazing Dolly Dresses fabric for our use. It will be nice to have a pattern ready when the fabric becomes available. I'll work on getting my instructions to Elizabeth who can turn them into something people can actually use.
So, how was your weekend?

11 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

well I'm loving the colors so far! Very bright and happy :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that fabric! Love that white on white dot, such a summery look to it!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous blop said...

Fab fabrics, specially the white dotty!! This will be adorable!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

i love seeing the blossoms...so sweet. i'm in the middle of spring fever here and we won't see any blossoms for a bit yet.
thanks for sharing yours!
lori

7:45 AM  
Blogger Catsngrams said...

I love that quilt I need to get some white in my quilts I have been thinking of getting some but not yet. Thanks for sharing you are so great.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

My weekend was not great...suffering with bronchitis, a lot of coughing and lack of sleep. But...that quilt square refreshed me...love the fabrics!

8:13 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

We gardened too...lots of mowed and weeding, and then the fun of planting! Lovely quilt top, there...

8:32 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely fabrics in this piece and I really like the white on white dot. I got my quilt done and it is at the quilters! yay. Now the pattern starts but first I have to finish pot holders, a basket, and table runner to go with it all.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too short!!! They ALWAYS are. : / Went to the Lancaster AQS Quilt Show though and it was pretty terrific, especially for a first!

Those snails are too cute! LOVE the crab apple that's about to bust forth with flowers! And, what a tease...those fabrics are adorably cute!

5:25 PM  
Blogger jen. e said...

i'm looking out my window now..the sky is grey and it's super windy..what happened to our sun! xo

5:28 PM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Hi Pam! Now those are some cute snails. Any idea where one could find those?

You always pick out the best fabrics. Love that quilt block!!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older