Monday, March 22, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

It started like this...
and ended like this...





It was awesome! The weather was made to order, absolutely perfect. We did a ton of sewing, driving around to quilt shops, eating, swimming, staying up late sewing some more.. and then we had to go. We really enjoyed hanging out with Tammy , Sherry, MaryLynn and Cally. They are so much fun. And man talk about sewing maniacs. They know how to get stuff done. Elizabeth worked on some projects that will be patterns, then made some tiny little purses. I worked on my Victory Garden blocks. I hope to get those finished up soon. I made an error with my template on my second block, cut two then cut two reversed.. only cut one reversed. It really threw me for a loop. Tried to figure a way to recoup but no luck. Thank goodness back at home I have enough of the fabric to make the block.
Anyway peeps. You've not seen the last of this trip. Happy Monday!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Miss Sherry said...

Hey there sister friend,
I'm still sun burned and I'm not one bit happy about it! But the trip was fabulous. Thanks for adding to the tomfoolery!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

It looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Nothing better than being with great friends... doing what you love most! Can't wait to see your quilt.

6:56 AM  
Blogger folksmith said...

glad you're back. can't wait to hear all about it.

7:29 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Aren't there some great quilt shops in the LV area? I do a retreat there with friends at leastonce a year and we even take a day and drive to St George Utah (about 2 hrs away) for more shop hopping!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous tammy said...

Hey girlfriend! Had so much fun with you guys. I am not gonna lie ta ya, doesn't get much better.... sewing, eating, layin' around the pool; all with your BESTEST girlfriends! And, oh ya, didn't have to do ANYTHING for ANYONE for a whole week! Almost makes turning 50 seem pretty good....miss you guys already.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

There is something about sewing with friends that fuels the soul.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It was a super wonderful week--it's awfully hard to get back to normal. I don't think I've EVER spent so much time in a male-free zone! It agreed with me for sure!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Oh what fun!!! And since I've had the privilege of being PKM-trunked... Tammy , Sherry, MaryLynn and Cally now all have my kooties.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older