Thursday, March 04, 2010

Wednesday's progress

Just to prove I'm not all talk. Some of it even was sewn into blocks. I know shocker huh? Yesterday I was reading over at Amy's that her daughter had read a Jane Langton book. The name sounded familiar so I went checking and lo and behold, in 1962 she wrote a book called The Diamond in the Window which I just loved. I never knew it was the first in a series of books, by 1967 when the next one came out, I was in junior high. I loved that little peek back in time. I enjoyed that book, and probably 10 years ago tracked it down through our local public library system and reread it. It held up I thought.
Anyway, that made me all wistful yesterday. And happy people like Jane Langton are still fueling the imagination of kids after all this time.
So back to sewing today. What about you? Many thanks to Nanette for finding an source for those handles, check all the handles out here. Elizabeth, I believe they made these for you!

9 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute shop. I'm drooling over which of those handles need to come to my house..probably more than one!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

OHDEARLORD. It took everything I had to come back here to comment.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, you are actually cutting, Yay!! But boy those bag handles are to die for...

5:23 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Books evoke such memories for me too. Love your gorgeous fabrics!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Thanks for the link!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

Those dots are gone! I went to check them out. Oh well, there were plenty of other lovelys to peruse and umm, purchase! Thanks for the links!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I grew up reading Diamond in the Window. It is one of my favorite books! Do you know if you can still buy it, without having to sell a kidney to pay for it?

2:34 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I can't stop staring at the yummy pile of eye candy. How long can I just sit here on you blog and stare - before you kick me off?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Aren't those handles fabulous. I swear you can find anything, almost, on Etsy. Fun stuff. Thanks!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older