Friday, January 29, 2010

Shenanigans

Yesterday Elizabeth and I decided to hit the road for some delicious lunch at Chipotle and then we headed over to Thimblecreek. It was mobbed as usual... but we still managed to get some good photos.. Here's Nancy... you probably know her already from over at Anne's place.... but here she is holding up a wonderful quilt made from a Sandy Klop pattern.


Here's her version of Oh My Stars, also American Jane. It was amazing. Nancy does some incredible work.




From around the shop we see some quilty friends, here's Tracy from Plum Cute!


Look at all the Cosmo Thread!!! Holy Cow.
Here's Joe's RYOKAN pattern.

Oh look, its Barbara from Quilt Soup!!! Have you seen her wonderful new fabric?

Of course no trip is complete without some Anne! This is a class!!






Of course there's always some of our favorite Fig!

Of course I'm heartbroken no picture of our wonderful friend Chickie. I was so happy to see her after so long. Elizabeth and I don't get out like we used to. Which this year, we must remedy.
So that was our fun day out. Hope you peeps have a great weekend. xo

20 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Yummmm. Chipotle and fabric! Perfect combination. Have a great weekend.

11:46 AM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Thanks for all the great pictures. I wish there was a store like that around me! You are so lucky!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I am craving a quilt shop crawl. Thank goodness my freindship group meets Tuesday night! These photos will have to hold me until then! Thanks Pam and Elizabeth.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It was a great outing! Nothing like a burrito bowl and some polka dots to perk a girl up!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Well glad you gals had a fun day ! and WOW WOW WOW !!! what a GREAT quilt shop !

...and I KNOW just how you feel re: not getting out much (except for work ...but that doesn't count!) .... I currently live vicariously through Kitty (how pathetic am I?!?) who has been riding around on a magic carpet ...(come for a blog visit ... we're having a give away!)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Definitely have to remedy that getting out thing--starting with coming to see ME. Oh, I know you say you're coming for smething else, but I know the truth.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I've never heard of cosmo thread. What's it like?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I think I need to visit that shop!

9:12 PM  
Blogger TheaMinPA said...

Oh how I wish I could transplant Thimblecreek to Pittsburgh!!!
thanks, Pam!

9:06 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Field Trip!!! How fun, love all the pictures and inspiration, and glad you had fun.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup.com said...

Thanks for taking me on the quilt shop trip! I really, really, needed that!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love the OH MY STARS quilt. The colors are so happy.
Love the thread and that japanese little purse. Adorable!! I bought those things to make a bag two years ago and never did make it.
Glad you and Elizabeth had a good day.
Hugs

3:06 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I just peed in my pants.......I wanna come for a visit.
Pat

5:55 PM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

thanks for sharing.. looks like you had lots of fun... love all the quilts... especially the american jane ones!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

When my daughter and I head up that way next week, Thimblecreek is on our list of must-dos.

Well ... it's on my list. Her's includes Stonemountain something. We'll be going there too.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Oh My Stars is an understatement!!! Thanks for the field trip... I need it!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

What a great trip. I love Nancy's quilts. She's very talented. Oh they are darling!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I visited this store while at my MIL for the holidays. I found lots of great fabrics, including 2 bots of Flea Market Fancy! Knowing I can make a detour here will enhance any future trip to the MIL's.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older