Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blog Hopping Galore!

Good morning blog hopping friends, how are you today? I'm very excited, today is Sandy's day to share a project. I've admired her work for years and we all know her fabric for Moda is delicious!
Yesterday I loved all the stories and old photos. Maybe it's because I grew up here in the Wild West , but I have only a few childhood pictures of Christmas. Maybe it's because in California the weather is always nice and I can't tell the Christmas pictures from any others?
Today we're sharing recipes. YUM. There are lots of picky eaters in my family, so after a few years, I ended up just keeping it pretty basic. Not that I didn't spend a few years channeling my inner Martha Stewart way back when she was on PBS. I could go on and on about her Tobacco Barn all decorated for the holidays. But back to today! I'm sharing my Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe. It's great served right from the oven or bake it ahead and serve it up Christmas morning so you don't have so much to do first thing!
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c sugar
2 1/4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 c butter
1/3 c vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 c sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
Mix walnuts, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the sugar and set aside.
Grease an 9 inch spring form pan. This can also be baked in a 10 in tube pan.
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl.
Mix butter, oil and sugar till well mixed, add eggs one at a time. With mixer on low, add flour mix, sour cream and vanilla. Pour half in a pan, sprinkle with half sugar/nut mixture, spoon dollops of batter to cover and sprinkle with remaining sugar/nut mix.
Bake 60 -65 minutes till tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
Sorry that I didn't make one up for you to show it off. But it's just Bret and I here and neither of us needs to be eating a whole coffee cake!
See you back here tomorrow peeps.

33 Comments:

Blogger bmayer said...

Oh MY! My dad built me the SAME rocking horse in your picture. Mine was painted RED with Black details. I swear I used it until I was 10. I'm pretty sure it was from a pattern in Popular Mechanics (either magazine or book) I've always hoped somebody else has enjoyed it.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hear you loud and clear about eating a whole coffee cake. I could probably do it myself. I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks

4:14 AM  
Blogger Loves to Quilt said...

Thanks for the yummy receipe! It is nice to know that I am not the only one that gets up this early. Or did you just get in!!??

4:18 AM  
Blogger Margi said...

I am definitely going to have to try this coffee cake recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it. Sounds YUMMO!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe and everything else you do for us

7:02 AM  
Blogger Jewel said...

Coffee Cake.. Awesome! I never can find a good recipe for it...

7:05 AM  
Blogger Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

sounds good
Thanks
Regena

7:37 AM  
Blogger isa & marta said...

UMMMM de solo leerla se me hizo agua la boca. Gracias

7:38 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Sounds luscious....thank you.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

Yum! yum! yum. Will definitely try this one. Thanks

9:48 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Thanks for the new recipe! Sounds like a great do ahead recipe - can't wait to try it with a cup of tea when the kids are all home so I don't eat it all myself! (which just might happen!) :oD Can't wait to see your project! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog - you make me laugh! Hard! Bari

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ruby said...

Cute photo of you and thanks for sharing the coffee cake recipe!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Tora said...

yummy thank you for the recipe

10:16 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Your coffee cake sounds yummy. I'm going to make it after work today.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Penne said...

Yummy recipe thank you for sharing it.....with us.

11:03 AM  
Blogger ellsworth family said...

Yum, Yum Yum!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Christine Thomas said...

I saw one comment about the time of your post. 3 AM!!! Seriously?! Wow. Recipe copied-n-pasted. Thanks.

12:05 PM  
Blogger The Demanding Doll said...

I drooled just reading the ingredients list. I'm SO going to make this. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Anyone have a recipe for peanut coffee cake?

2:07 PM  
Blogger SewLindaAnn said...

There is nothing like coffee cake hot out of the oven with a steaming cup of coffee. Yum, recipe sounds great. Thanks for the picture, it's sweet.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

That sounds so good! Thanks for the recipe.

4:08 PM  
Blogger SheilaC said...

I LOVE sour cream coffee cake! Thanks for sharing!

Sheila

shecarita(at)yahoo (dot)com

4:22 PM  
Blogger Quilter In Paradise said...

yuum! by the time this hop is done,, I'm going to gain 20 pounds!
Beth in Dallas

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jayne Honnold said...

I never thought about how hard it would be to tell Christmas pics from regular, every-day pics as a resident of warmer climates! What a thought! Hey, I love the recipe you shared. I think it will make a deliciously moist cake - looking forward to trying it!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Yum, Sour Cream Coffee Cake - sounds perfect to go with a cup of coffee. You make the cake, I'll make the coffee....LOL

Thank you sharing your recipe. Looks like a "maker" to me....soon.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Ange Moore said...

Yummy, yummy cake - might have to give that one a go!

5:46 PM  
Blogger arlette said...

We have here the same weather as you had in California, we don't have a white christmas at all :(

6:13 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

That's why you overnight half the cake to me! My aunt gave me a recipe for a sour cream cake that was absolutely incredible. I think it was something my grandma used to make.

You can always come visit your Oregon friends when snow is expected for a little bit of that chill factor that makes people really want to cozy up.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I love recipes with Sour Cream. They always turn out so moist.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

This sounds like one to try.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I may have to try the coffee cake this weekend.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

okay ANYTHING with sourcream and cinnamon has GOT to be good.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the come around for coffee pattern and also the sour cream recipe. I'm looking forward to making both of them. Sandi

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The coffee cake sounds yummy-

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older