Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Simple Sweet Scarf Sets!

Hey they're here, finally! Our cute joint projects. This is the scarf set Elizabeth and I worked on together on the Sew Day! We had some stuff to learn.. like when fusing Pam, check that scarf content before you go slammin a hot iron on there! It made sewing those snowflakes a bit challenging but I pulled a little and it worked out. Then we blocked the scarf out by spritzing it with water and pinning it to the ironing board to dry. Still a little wonky, but what can you do? Another lesson we learned late in the game.. mittens have a right and wrong side once you put that trim on. We have two right handed mittens here. Silly girls!
This set is the one Elizabeth made. I think its the cutest. Seriously... do you love those ruffles and that cute flower? And all those yoyos!! It's my favorite.

Here's my set. Kind of boring. I'm an embellishing novice. I used a leftover Lecien square from Elizabeth's Weekend in Paris quilt to add to the scarf. Having learned my lesson, I used basting spray to tack my square down before I blanket stitched it. I thought it worked great! I had some other silvery gray Lecien fabrics and I used those for the yoyos. Then I just got that silvery feeling and went and got some shiny faux glass buttons. But wouldn't it be cute with some vintage rhinestone buttons or old jewelry you could pin or tack on. The more I thought about it, the more I could have gone crazy. And really, there's nothing that says I can't add a bunch of stuff.

I really had fun working on this project with Elizabeth. She has so many pretty things to work with. I think fun additions, even just one or two, take an inexpensive scarf set and turn it into something unique. In fact..I should have used my Clover Pom Pom Maker..
So we've added an icon over there.. you can just select it and get yourself an instructional PDF!!! How's that for showing off? It's our first and we're feeling a bit proud. Ok, what are you waiting for? I can't wait to see what you come up with!

29 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

No, YOURS is the best. How many times do I have to tell you???

8:39 AM  
Blogger jenny allsorts said...

These are adorable! Thanks mucho for the tutorial... now to run over to Target.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

How cute is that? And your own downloadable pattern, awesome! Hugs!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

Oh so cute! I'm going to dig through Grandma's button box rightnow. Thanks for the pattern too!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DYING over these! And I was JUST in Target the other day and saw the scarf set. Now I'm going back. I love your project so much... and a pattern too! Oh happy day!!! xoxoxo-m

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Oh man, it would make me squeal to find any of those under the Christmas tree. Maybe I can make Dave sew one? LOL

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous sets! I don't know how you can choose which one is the best. They are all really beautiful and you should be proud! Thanks for the PDF!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks you girls! These are SOOOOoooo sweet and pretty! I'm afraid they wouldn't suit the girl-hooligans who are running around here today (ahem), but I'm sure I can find a sweet girl to give a set to. You know, like these same two girls but it's tomorrow.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Gracie said...

Love, love love them, Thanks so much for the tutorial. Off to Target so I can add ONE more thing to do before Christmas.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so darned cute ~ & clever you! I just figured out how to do an e pattern myself a few days ago Will wonders never cease : )

4:23 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

So incredibly darn beautiful. Great way to make something nice turn into something fabulous. I have to tell you that those tiny yo yos on those gloves just makes me smile. I love them. Colors are perfect in all of them. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that makes mistakes! Now who gets these cute sets???

4:49 PM  
Blogger Penni Domikis said...

What a perfectly cute idea. I love that you turned something plain into something spectacular. I will look carefully next time I am out for something perfect like that.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

You two gals get together and it's creativity magic!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! I just love them all. Especially the last one.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Angela Yosten said...

those sets are SUPER CUTE! Love them all! I think this is a must do for my kids next christmas... too much planned this christmas. Thanks for the great ideas!

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhhh my goodness those are adorable!!! You girls are just so stinkin' cute!!! OK, I want to know, are you going to wear these yourself, or are they going to be a gift? I'm going to have to run right out to Target and get some myself!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

They're all just adorable PKM!!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

These are so cute! I love the PDF; good job on it being your first one.

I'm like Tammy; are these a gift for someone else, or are they a gift for yourself?

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the pattern. :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

These are so cute! I love the PDF; good job on it being your first one.

I'm like Tammy; are these a gift for someone else, or are they a gift for yourself?

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the pattern. :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

these are adorable!!!

thanks for sharing (I say as I run out the door to Target)!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Pam,
Love the scarf set. They are SO cute! You lady's always have the best ideas!! Glad you found my blog. I am trying to be interesting so people come back and read more! Take Care!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Cute, yes very cute!!!!! I love them all!!! You both did a great job.

9:40 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

sooo adorably perfect I can just hardly stand to look. Fabulous work, girls.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Anna Lena Land said...

OMG! You two just ooze creativity. I'm so jealous!

10:49 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Your embellishments are wonderful, and thank you for the ideas! May a borrow a couple of them??

3:07 PM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

cute scarf sets....
what a great gift idea.
you both did a wonderful job!!!!!
Kathie

12:41 AM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

That is some kind of crazy cute!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Exquisite.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Total cuteness!!!!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older