Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mission Soledad Restoration Project

This semester Frankie has some interesting classes. I wish I was in is her Archeology class. They're working at a dig at the Mission Soledad. She's also working part time as a photographer at the site and in the lab.
A few weeks ago there were some people filming at the site, and today she let me know there's a little 7 minute video about the project currently on You Tube. You can catch a glimpse of her photographing some artifacts about 4.35 minutes into it.
The Missions are a big part of California history and probably most kids doing time in elementary school in CA have done the 'mission report'. My parents were big on history and if we were ever even close to a mission or other historic landmark we were on it. I'm happy Frankie has a chance to experience the rich history of our state in person. And of course, super proud of her for doing so well at school!!
And now my friends, back to my back yard.






12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, thanks for the video link, fascinating, what a proud Momma you must be!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh... the fourth grade mission report! And the best part was making the sugar cube replica of our assigned mission. I'm totally lovin' your flora photos!

Off to watch Frankie on YouTube...

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Knock my socks off WOW! That is some video. I can see it winning some short film award. Maybe a Bammie award.

I love what they are doing and how awesome that Frankie is a part of that. I love her teacher and could feel his passion about the entire project. BTW, I think he looks like George Lucas.

I hope you keep us up to date on this project. It's so effing awesome!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Your flower pictures are beautiful but check out my blog for a different perspective on all the flower pitures I see in blog land.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stop with the beautiful pictures! They are making my heart hurt in this 29 degree weather. That rose in it's frothiness is spectacular. If I close my eyes I can just barely smell it and feel the soft petals on my lips. Oh, if only it was summer here!

1:34 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Oh My Goodness! Those flowers are gorgeous! Our flowers are wilted from the 20 degrees and snow! Oh well.

And, Yea, I remember the mission report too! Monica brought back the memories of the sugar cube building! :) We used to go the Santa Barbara Mission to watch the bats at night. They were so cool! :) And the rose garden there was pretty fantastic too. :)

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Frankie! I love the whole idea of digs & treasure hunts. Never knowing what you might find. Love the hunt.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can your hydrangeas be so huge and beautiful when i live like 1/2 hour from you and I'm barely starting to get leaves??? What do you feed your garden, oh kitty morning??

Joanna

11:17 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

This whole sign in thing sucks.

So, this is the third attempt at a message. Which is getting more ridiculous with every attempt.

I think that sounds like a really amazing opportunity for Frankie and tomorrow I will check out the link.

Is the rose Abraham D'Arby? If not, it must be one of the Austins? So pretty!

And snow ball trees make me unaccountably happy. As soon as I find a place to put one, it's going in.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Frankie looks like such a pro! I sure wish I'd had a class like that.
And flowers like those, too! (Of course there may be a few things blooming in the overgrown mess that is my backyard...)

10:07 AM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

speechless

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!!

I love them.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older