Thursday, March 29, 2007

Its been a long week.

We had car issues. Cars here, cars there, cars in the shop. All our vehicles were in all the wrong locations. Frankie was sick last week but seemed to be on the mend when she went back to school. With my car. Monday evening she called saying she couldn't stop shaking and her skin hurt and she didn't feel good. Luckily Bret was about 45 minutes away so he went and picked her up. Left his car, brought mine home. Turns out she was running a temp of about 102.5, so yeah, no wonder she felt freaky. I've forgotten what all that is like, the temperature taking, the watching. The hands-on momness of it all. And then the car jockeying, getting the car in the shop, returning the rental, getting her back to school and picking up our car.. phew. But its done.

I'm not complaining. I'm trying to be more positive. Kim has tagged me for her 'stop complaining' campaign. I'd actually read about it in a magazine. It's got one of those wristbands associated with it, and an official site thru a church,I'm not doing any of that kind of thing.. I'm just trying to kick the complaining habit. (Not entirely though because really, I'm not a miracle worker!) My dad was all about the Power of Positive Thinking and he encourgaged us to put that in motion. So I will.

While I was waiting around today, restless, I went outside with Peep and Rocket and low and behold my Peruvian Lily is blooming. I have no idea what kind this is, I bought a bunch of really expensive bulbs one year on clearance, I think this is part of the booty. When then the foliage starts to look really crappy, up pops the flowers.



This guy jumped, JUMPED, out of the foliage onto the tree.



He was not happy with me and turned all blue and puffy and did some power push ups to show me he meant business. He looked like he had a slimey face, maybe he's a snail eater. I hope so.



Isn't it pretty? And kind of wierd? A little like space aliens.

Maybe a Death Star?

Have a lovely weekend my little Ewoks, maybe the Force be with you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Sorry your week was itty-shay. Mine was too. There seems to be somthing in the blogger water, I have noticed lots of us have had an ucky week. Maybe that means that next week will be fab?

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a week! I'm so glad things are looking up, and most important that Frankie is on the mend. So scary!

I love your alien garden. The "death star" cracked me up... that SO YOU to name it that.

Your little visitor reminds me of the Jackson Chameleons my boys used to have when we lived in Hawai'i. Boring little buggers, except when we'd put them on our chests and watch them change into the color and/pattern or our clothing. And fun to watch them eat with their long curling tongues.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to Frankie Feeling better...and Springtime Fun this weekend!!

My brother Walt would die if he knew you had these slimey guys just hanging out in your yard!! yowzer!! He is MR. Reptile!! I'll have to print the pics to show him! I am sure within 50 secs he will have the name and dollar value of it! lol...Oh you have no idea!!!!lol


Happy Spring You doll!!

xoxo Jenny

3:35 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

But Pam, you don't complain very much as it is. I don't have any argument with trying to be more positive, but come on, complaining is so cathartic!

But look, if you want to join the church of no complaining, I will support you in this endeavor.

I want a lizard in my yard!

I have some really disgusting grubs in the soil. Want to trade?

4:30 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Oh my, and I forgot to say that I hope Frankie is feeling lots better now and that all the car shuffling is over.

4:31 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i love that he did push ups to show you he Meant Business.

perhaps i should adopt a similar philosophy. just think, i could have toned arms in no time (okay, honestly, a few years, but still, toned arms!).

7:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I wonder if my family would more easily understand when I Mean Business if I could turn blue...

Glad all vehicles/family members are back where they belong.

7:56 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Norman Vincent Peale - my parents subscribed to that too! We had to go watch him speak every week.

I'm trying to stop complaining so much, as well. But when you live in L.A. with snotty people, it's kind of hard.

Hope your daughter is feeling better.

10:57 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Oh yeah, and you are Ms. Positive. Other people want to go to Fabricholics Anonymous - and you want to go the Fabric Spa!

11:00 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Girl, you can complain (not that I've seen any of it) to us, cuz we "get it"! :) That's the great thing about GIRLfriends! :)

I love your little blue bellied, push up lizard. When my oldest chick was little, she named all the grandparents. My in-laws lived in the CA high desert and had lots of lizards in the yard. So, grampa became (and still is) Lizard Grampa. :)

OOOooo, I love the little flowers. I can't wait to see what grows here in my new yard. :)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older